Warburtons wakefield

Anyone got any up to date info on the class two work??
Shift patterns and wage etc…my brother has an interview next week so I said I’d ask on here to see if any of you lot knew any information.
Done a search but it’s all old info.

You have to be an early riser :smiley:

tango boy:

Boom boom :smiley:

yorkshire terrier:

tango boy:

Boom boom :smiley:

Sorry, it had to be done!! :wink:

I did a bit for their Bicester depot through agency. Expect to start at 4am and pick your own loads. THIS IS MIND NUMBING. You get a different vehicle everyday so expect a share of wrecks. Most shops will check stuff and many will want you to count it while they read out the order/ticket. I used the excuse “I’m agency, no knowledge of bread” to get out of checking it (I’m a driver not a storeman).
Job and knock and if like Bicester, the same drivers get to load first in the morning every morning.

Whats the dough like?

I’ve done loads of class 1 trunking out of that bakery at Whitwood, it’s called Tuscany Park. No one leaves which tells a tale, every one has their own run and it’s job and knock. Everyone loads their own vehicles and unloads the empties when you get back, fairly physical but I’ve done worse.
It’s all early starts and early finishes, everything totally legal. Some of the vehicles look a bit battered but problems get sorted by the compliance office.
Done the odd shop delivery for them and everything gets checked, learning the products isn’t that hard and the “I’m just an agency driver doesn’t wash with savvy customers”
All the best.

mick.mh2racing:
I’ve done loads of class 1 trunking out of that bakery at Whitwood, it’s called Tuscany Park. No one leaves which tells a tale, every one has their own run and it’s job and knock. Everyone loads their own vehicles and unloads the empties when you get back, fairly physical but I’ve done worse.
It’s all early starts and early finishes, everything totally legal. Some of the vehicles look a bit battered but problems get sorted by the compliance office.
Done the odd shop delivery for them and everything gets checked, learning the products isn’t that hard and the “I’m just an agency driver doesn’t wash with savvy customers”
All the best.

You any idea on the shift patterns ■■

mick.mh2racing:
 “I’m just an agency driver doesn’t wash with savvy customers”

It worked fine for me mate :laughing:

Sorry no, I’ve had start times round the clock. I’d guess that start times for class 2 lads could be anywhere from 0400 to 0700. All the bread that is trunked all over the place is readied for the sales vans and they’re drifting in from about 0400 ish.

My mates mate works at the Wednesbury depot,I think he once said that there were 3 ‘waves’ of starting/loading…2,3 and 4 o’clock,depending on the distance of the run.
We did a similar thing when I worked for Hovis.

Thanks for the replays chaps, I will pass on the info

Well he went today for the interview and from what he said I think it’s a quite a good package,4am start and he said some trucks were finishing at half ten.

yorkshire terrier:
Well he went today for the interview and from what he said I think it’s a quite a good package,4am start and he said some trucks were finishing at half ten.

See told ya early rising mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yorkshire terrier:
some trucks were finishing at half ten.

Keyword is “some.”
Most likely the longest serving.

Cotswoldcrunch:

yorkshire terrier:
some trucks were finishing at half ten.

Keyword is “some.”
Most likely the longest serving.

Yes I thought the same,but the boss said everyone is back between half ten and 1pm,
Based on a 43 hour week I think he said

Hi, I work for Warburtons and have done for 6mths. I wouldn’t say it’s the easiest job in the world but it’s not bad,but you need to get used to going to bed early as it’s early starts. They do it in waves 3,330 and 4am starts and as a newbie don’t expect to finish at 10 or 11 more like 12-1pm maybe later and don’t expect to get your own round straight away could be a while before you do. I’d also say to give it at least 8 wks before things start to fall into place for you. The money’s good the basic is 29500 or just over plus you get a bonus just before Xmas so over 30k a yr for delivering bread… Not bad really :wink: also the rota your on is a bit ■■■■■ you have to work 5 weekends in a row before you get 2 weekends off plus you work one week where you get 1 day off and then another week you work 4 and get 2 days off

icecool70:
Hi, I work for Warburtons and have done for 6mths. I wouldn’t say it’s the easiest job in the world but it’s not bad,but you need to get used to going to bed early as it’s early starts. They do it in waves 3,330 and 4am starts and as a newbie don’t expect to finish at 10 or 11 more like 12-1pm maybe later and don’t expect to get your own round straight away could be a while before you do. I’d also say to give it at least 8 wks before things start to fall into place for you. The money’s good the basic is 29500 or just over plus you get a bonus just before Xmas so over 30k a yr for delivering bread… Not bad really :wink: also the rota your on is a bit [zb] you have to work 5 weekends in a row before you get 2 weekends off plus you work one week where you get 1 day off and then another week you work 4 and get 2 days off

There’s worse places out there to earn a crust.

I’m here all day. :slight_smile:

icecool70:
also the rota your on is a bit [zb] you have to work 5 weekends in a row before you get 2 weekends off plus you work one week where you get 1 day off and then another week you work 4 and get 2 days off

Zb that:!:

icecool70:
Hi, I work for Warburtons and have done for 6mths. I wouldn’t say it’s the easiest job in the world but it’s not bad,but you need to get used to going to bed early as it’s early starts. They do it in waves 3,330 and 4am starts and as a newbie don’t expect to finish at 10 or 11 more like 12-1pm maybe later and don’t expect to get your own round straight away could be a while before you do. I’d also say to give it at least 8 wks before things start to fall into place for you. The money’s good the basic is 29500 or just over plus you get a bonus just before Xmas so over 30k a yr for delivering bread… Not bad really :wink: also the rota your on is a bit [zb] you have to work 5 weekends in a row before you get 2 weekends off plus you work one week where you get 1 day off and then another week you work 4 and get 2 days off

What depot you working from■■?