NEW CLASS 2 PASS

So after finally passing my test, and surprisingly having my licence with new Cat C added within 3 days I’m now on the search for work. Reading through here it seems a great deal of importance is placed on how long you have actually held the licence… so now I’m not sure where to start…with the shortage has anyone noticed it easier to find work as a new pass? Or am I going to be treading water for 6 months?

Trucker Jimbob:
So after finally passing my test, and surprisingly having my licence with new Cat C added within 3 days I’m now on the search for work. Reading through here it seems a great deal of importance is placed on how long you have actually held the licence… so now I’m not sure where to start…with the shortage has anyone noticed it easier to find work as a new pass? Or am I going to be treading water for 6 months?

Well done for passing! I think you will be just fine, the woman at the test centre told me I will be in high demand when I pass the practical :slight_smile: all you can do is apply for anything and everything that interests you and fingers crossed, good luck!

Trucker Jimbob:

Congratulations:)

There are a lot of adverts that specifically say new passes welcome…whether they are the best employers is another question all together, but it will get some experience and chance to look around. I was always under the impression that it was easier to look for a job while you where actually in a job - so hopefully will give you chance to look for something better lol

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

I did my class 2 many moons ago and had a few agency shifts as a new pass at weekends, one of the agencies offered me a start temp to perm after my non driving job went sour and I needed something sharpish.

I’d been offered a couple of full time jobs direct by companies locally previously but the work / conditions were not what I was looking for so I’d stayed put.

About a year ago my son who was 18 at the time and booked to do his C licence found himself without a job, he went around door knocking looking for work where it could possibly be of interest. He went into a local plant firm who liked him and although he had only limited experience they took him on as a yard man doing cleaning and minor maintenance and local jobs with a 3.5t truck, they said when he passed there was a 7.5t ready for him. Due to Covid it took a while for him to get his training but around February? when tests came back he passed and was then put on the 7.5t as promised.

He also covered the main drivers holiday on their 32t without problems and this week following a reshuffle of personnel he has now landed the 32t beavertail doing plant work full time. He turns 20 next month.

So experience can help, but not always needed. Sometimes you have to suffer a job that’s not quite what you want to gain experience and trust.

Great news. Well done on passing. Just apply for everything you like the look of. I used indeed but any of the others will have the same jobs. You will get offered jobs. Get signed up with a couple of reputable agencies in your area too. You will be working in no time at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk