Newly Passed C+E but Cant get work

You have heard it all before
2 Years experience needed…for all jobs ( applied for over 100 so far in last few weeks )
Anyone any ideas ?

kypoman:
Why wont anyone take a chance these days? or are there just so many drivers out of work, they dont need to entertain new drivers?

Kypoman

Basically, you hit the nail on the head with that one mate

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome kypoman :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I notice that both your LGV passes were done in this current recession and I have to ask - what job research did you do before embarking on this venture or what info was given to you and by who :question:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics & avatars, How to use quotes, Driver CPC, and much more…

Have you had any class 2 work?

It is harder to find work than it was a few years ago, just keep plugging away. Don’t send letters or emails, drive around and stop at any haulage yard you see. Ask them for work. No reasonable company will mind this. Take your original, and copies of your driving licence. Take your night-out gear. Tell them you can start work now.

Good luck!

Yeah, keep plugging away.

I did my Cat C in October, C+E in March and so far have done 1 day on Cat C trucks and 1 day on C+E, hopefully more C+E soon.

But, with permanent jobs it is going to be more difficult, I had a telephone interview with Bibby Distribution the other day, he told me he had 80 to 100 applications for the Cat C jobs he was advertising, with that many applications it is going to take a lot of luck and good fortune to land a job.

Thanks for responses, hope to see some of you soon in a Proper Truck !

Have a look at ‘One days Work’ thread, I’ve posted a link to a site that is looking for people and they hire new drivers.