M1 M25 to M4 Morning Rush Hour

Just wanting to know what the traffic is like now on that route after Milton Keynes in the morning rush hour, contemplating doing a run to Heathrow on Thursday from the north to be there for 10am.
I know what it was like a few years ago and was wondering if is as bad as it used to be or if COVID and lots of people still working from home has reduced the congestion.
Thanks.

weeto:
Just wanting to know what the traffic is like now on that route after Milton Keynes in the morning rush hour, contemplating doing a run to Heathrow on Thursday from the north to be there for 10am.
I know what it was like a few years ago and was wondering if is as bad as it used to be or if COVID and lots of people still working from home has reduced the congestion.
Thanks.

It’s always a bit sticky maybe consider using the M40 as generally that is better

Cheers, I was thinking about that option, according to Tom Tom it adds about 10 minutes on the run, guessing M25 will be quite-ish going back to the M1 I’m sure it used to be when I was down that way in the past excluding accidents.
Job is picking up a customer from one of the hotels who has been forced to isolate before there onward journey after arrival from foreign lands (most likely a Chinese student) we have a lot of them at the university up here.

Don’t forget that the Insulate Britain protesters have been out and about causing major headaches on the M25 just lately.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

M40, A404, M4 J5 to Colnbrook and vice versa is always my default choice now.
M1 and M25 are unfit for purpose.

weeto:
Cheers, I was thinking about that option, according to Tom Tom it adds about 10 minutes on the run, guessing M25 will be quite-ish going back to the M1 I’m sure it used to be when I was down that way in the past excluding accidents.
Job is picking up a customer from one of the hotels who has been forced to isolate before there onward journey after arrival from foreign lands (most likely a Chinese student) we have a lot of them at the university up here.

You got roadworks on the M1 and have idiots doing 40 in the middle lane. Also m25 Slip there is always a queue so your better off on the m40 mate. To be honest your better off on the m40 on the way way back also just to avoid the road works. On the m40 your mainly flat out all the way

Daani:

weeto:

You got roadworks on the M1 and have idiots doing 40 in the middle lane. Also m25 Slip there is always a queue so your better off on the m40 mate. To be honest your better off on the m40 on the way way back also just to avoid the road works. On the m40 your mainly flat out all the way

Unless going up the hill just before High Wycombe :laughing: :laughing: