M25

Hi peoples. Wondering if anybody can help me…
What time does M25 star getting really busy from M1 to Heathrow on a Monday morning?

Cheers

theantbox:
Hi peoples. Wondering if anybody can help me…
What time does M25 star getting really busy from M1 to Heathrow on a Monday morning?

Cheers

About 5.30 :smiley:

Sunday night :smiley:

I would’nt leave it much after 6am my friend :wink: :slight_smile:

been on it every day for the last 3 weeks and from 6 on it gets busy as stated here

what is this M25 that people speak of? :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As above really, but no matter what time you go it’s surprising how much traffic will be on the road.

Bugger. Cheers for the input. Was hoping around 7. Place I’m going to doesn’t open till 08.30. I usually go A1 to A10 on it. Sorry, can’t remember junction numbers.

Well that’s just ruined my Monday morning then. I’m hitting it at roughly half 6. J10-21. It’s going to be a long day isn’t it?

DJC:
Well that’s just ruined my Monday morning then. I’m hitting it at roughly half 6. J10-21. It’s going to be a long day isn’t it?

Clockwise you’ll just about get away with it at that time mate :smiley:

shuttlespanker:
what is this M25 that people speak of? :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOLS :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

DJC:

Oh, how come it’s busier anti clockwise? Northerners coming down for early flights or summat?

DJC:

tango boy:

DJC:

Oh, how come it’s busier anti clockwise? Northerners coming down for early flights or summat?

Dunno :laughing:

If you work in the western part of London, chances are you’re earning a lot more than people who work in other parts of London bar the City itself.
Consequently, you need to ask yourself “Where do people with top-paying jobs commute from mostly?”
Bucks probably comes in Number One.
Berks & Herts number 2,
Surrey & Sussex in third,
Kent & Essex - very few commuting from there.

Thus, J18-J13 anticlockwise in the morning and clockwise in the afternoon is going to be mental, along with the connecting M40, M4, and M3 into the western part of town. :wink:

Traffic picks up shortly after 5am, with I think staff on 6am starts setting off to work at places near the airport - which is an area MUCH bigger than the “City” or “West End” for places of employment.

If you’re coming around Clockwise, it gets heavy after J10 from around 5.30am, but I’ve noticed that if there’s been an accident on the anticlockwise J18-J13 stretch, the traffic is MUCH quieter lending support to my theory that Bucks is the number one commuter location for the entire Heathrow area. :sunglasses:

Made it from Grantham to Hounslow in 4hrs driving time. Wasn’t sat still long but was crawling really slowly along M1/ M25.

theantbox:
Made it from Grantham to Hounslow in 4hrs driving time. Wasn’t sat still long but was crawling really slowly along M1/ M25.

Not bad fella :smiley:

Not bad at all. At least I didn’t have to find somewhere to jump off for a 45. :smiley:

theantbox:

What a difference a few hours make. I left Grantham at 03.30, tipped Reading, then got to Hounslow on 3h 50min.

I was at the yard for 0415, but gates were locked. Had to wait till 0430 to get in. Apparently I don’t start early enough to warrant having a set of gate keys. :confused: I know 15 mins doesn’t sound much, but on my regular run down to St. Albans it means difference between getting stuck at Stevenage or not. Which I be on tomorrow.

1988… HTH