Night out payment.

What’s the maximum before it’s taxed? I thought we were already getting it at £26.20 but we’ve just had a pay revue and as part of it they said the night out payment will be going up.

nomiS36:
What’s the maximum before it’s taxed? I thought we were already getting it at £26.20 but we’ve just had a pay revue and as part of it they said the night out payment will be going up.

£26.20. Anything after that is taxed.
We get £76.20 for a night out. £26.20 is tax free and the £50 bonus part is taxable.

We get 25 and they want a receipt to avoid tax, why we different ?

I said we were already at the max as far as I was aware but they said they thought it was more now so are looking into it. £76 is very generous [emoji15]

Mines £33 taxed

san miguel:
We get 25 and they want a receipt to avoid tax, why we different ?

Quite simply, whoever is responsible for your payroll is an idiot mate. They need educating.

nomiS36:
£76 is very generous [emoji15]

It came about because nobody wanted to do a night out for £25 (back then) So we were all running home burning diesel and running back again in the morning for the collection.
We told management that £25 for night out payment was too little and we were expecting a small payment of about £10 extra…but they came out with £50 bonus on top of the subsidence allowance…naturally we accepted! :smiley:

That’s epic mate ^^^ fair play to you.

There is no upper limit on what can be paid free of tax - but only if full supporting receipts are produced for the entire amount being claimed each and every time.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

1. Agreed industry scale rate –lorry drivers’ ‘overnight subsistence allowance
    You can apply to HMRC for an approval notice to use the agreed haulage industry scale rate for overnight stays away from home. This is currently £34.90, or 75% of this figure (£26.20) where the driver uses a sleeper cab, and incurs subsistence expenses after starting their journey. These are the maximum amounts that can be paid free of Income Tax and NICs under the agreed industry scale rate.’
    Taken from the government website.
    My agency deduct tax & NI at source and we have to claim it back via the self assessment at year’s end.