Other work to do with an hgv license?

As per really…

Just wondering what other jobs or types of work are available when you hold both categories other than the usual point a-b stuff.

I’ve had a think again about heavy recovery work, or trying to get on the cranes maybe for example…

Yeah so fire away, I’d be much appreciative [emoji106]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Last time I looked at cranes, as I was paying for it myself, it was about 5K.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Last time I looked at cranes, as I was paying for it myself, it was about 5K.

Cheers bud, yeah I’m aware of costs…

Kinda why I posted the topic, see what else on that sort of level before I decide a path.

Cheers again though [emoji41]

What about aircraft catering. Or aircraft refulling

edd1974:
What about aircraft catering. Or aircraft refulling

Cheers chap, I’ll have a look down that hole too [emoji108]

Heading out of town the other day I saw a very flash MAN tractor pulling what can only be described as a massive LCD TV mounted on a low loader.

I would assume the driver has some sort of role operating the thing and probably very anti social hours but think of all the honeys you would get to meet at festivals.

I sometimes see a trailer set up for breast screening, don’t know if that would interest any one on here.

alamcculloch:
I sometimes see a trailer set up for breast screening, don’t know if that would interest any one on here.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Wonder if they have a prostate one…

AndieHyde:
Heading out of town the other day I saw a very flash MAN tractor pulling what can only be described as a massive LCD TV mounted on a low loader.

I would assume the driver has some sort of role operating the thing and probably very anti social hours but think of all the honeys you would get to meet at festivals.

[emoji848] [emoji106]

alamcculloch:

That’s what I do, plus mri’s,ct’s,cath labs etc. Gets you around uk/Ireland and euro.

Fire Brigade always need LGV drivers for full-time and retained community fire stations. (But you have to do the blues and two’s training, that bit is fun)

Martin:
Fire Brigade always need LGV drivers for full-time and retained community fire stations. (But you have to do the blues and two’s training, that bit is fun)

Yeah I’d like to do retained…

Cheers for that, good shout [emoji41][emoji41]

Cheers all, keep em coming please [emoji106][emoji106]

Concrete pumps. I don’t know what the training is like but maybe less expensive than cranes.

There’s also big access platforms for floodlights and broadcast towers.

I’m bored of driving cement mixers so I’m looking into this stuff to

You could always just retain your HGV licence, never actually do the job at all and then haunt various forums telling those who actually do it for a living that they’re doing it wrong! Seems to work well enough. :wink:

Benjie83:
As per really…

Just wondering what other jobs or types of work are available when you hold both categories other than the usual point a-b stuff.

I’ve had a think again about heavy recovery work, or trying to get on the cranes maybe for example…

Yeah so fire away, I’d be much appreciative [emoji106]

Join pallet line place.
There don’t do a-b stuff.

Be more a -b-c -d upto z them back to a for a collection

the maoster:
You could always just retain your HGV licence, never actually do the job at all and then haunt various forums telling those who actually do it for a living that they’re doing it wrong! Seems to work well enough. :wink:

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

There much work on here then?

the maoster:

Become a DCPC instructor?

I do a bit of film set work, the guys who run the catering and set trailers are always looking for drivers, you see it advertised on the jobs sites usually Surrey/London based but obviously go all over.

Wally Webb:
I do a bit of film set work, the guys who run the catering and set trailers are always looking for drivers, you see it advertised on the jobs sites usually Surrey/London based but obviously go all over.

Cheers bud, I’d love to do the gig work but I’m not too sure if new pass drivers would be high on the welcome list…

One for the pot though [emoji106][emoji106]

Some plant CO’s are looking for Agri tractor drivers to have hgv1 pulling flat trailers,dumpers,Bowser’s,dreaded,on here,agency jobs but seen them paying £20 hr for cpcs tractor op with hgv