Why does Scania hate cup holders?

Is the reason they don’t put them in to prevent the driver from taking sips from his drink while driving? I think 18 plates have them but not 17 and older, at least not the rigid ones (seen some at the BACK of the (day) cab of a '17). Getting sick of having to wipe spilled Redbull from the middle section every other night. Also there’s no room on top of the dashboard for paperwork like every other truck out there. Have to stick m in the drawer under the bed like an office rat…

4 cup holders in my Scania… :laughing:

idrive:

What year is it? Rigid or tractor?

idrive:

As above.

16 plate tractor.

There was 4 in my 63 plate tractor.

Also had two in my 07 plate rigid.

If you need red bull to keep you awake, stop for a sleep. It’s safer.

biggriffin:
If you need red bull to keep you awake, stop for a sleep. It’s safer.

I drink it after sleep - usually before/as I am heading back to base, coffee makes me want to go do a big mess. Not very practical on the road. Plus it gets cold by the time it’s coffee time. Not willing to spend £2-3 for a cup, either. Redbull all the way.

Petition your boss for Mercedes rigids. Enough cup holders to carry your red bulls for the week.

Red Bull…

Is about £1.35 ish a can in supermarkets. Lord only knows what it costs in MSAs.

Scania has some great cup holders.
They are almost always an optional extra though.
The poverty spec scania you are driving is pretty crap though. I usually make a cupholder by using old sello-tape reels.

Daf are the worst the proper cheap ones have no cup holders and very few cubby holes so the paper work just flies about and I never have anywhere to place something within easy reach.

ETS:
Is the reason they don’t put them in to prevent the driver from taking sips from his drink while driving? I think 18 plates have them but not 17 and older, at least not the rigid ones (seen some at the BACK of the (day) cab of a '17). Getting sick of having to wipe spilled Redbull from the middle section every other night. Also there’s no room on top of the dashboard for paperwork like every other truck out there. Have to stick m in the drawer under the bed like an office rat…

Get your class 1.

Rigid drivers don’t deserve such luxuries :sunglasses:

adam277:
Scania has some great cup holders.
They are almost always an optional extra though.
The poverty spec scania you are driving is pretty crap though. I usually make a cupholder by using old sello-tape reels.

Daf are the worst the proper cheap ones have no cup holders and very few cubby holes so the paper work just flies about and I never have anywhere to place something within easy reach.

You’re probably right about it being a spec issue. I’ve driven rigid Scanias for 3 different local companies and thought it was a make specific thing but then I realized they all bought them form the same dealer :smiley: who probably just supplied the cheapest ones. The only cupholder I have is inside the drawer that’s under the bed but still hard to use as it sits behind my shoulder.

I haven’t had any issues with DAFs (yeah cup holders are a bit…American-sized) for paperwork I used the net at the rear of the (day)cab. There was also space for a phone behind the parking brake and a power socket, handy for someone with a crap phone whose battery only lasts a day on standby. Also DAFs driving score system is much easier to please than Scania

ETS:
Also DAFs driving score system is much easier to please than Scania

Turn it off, no pleasing required then :sunglasses:

We have a 19 plate scania rigid 18t. There is 4 cup holders in that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk