Simple suggestions for Scania P

Hi all,
new to this forum but just been given my own truck and trailer (finally), and looking inside the odd simple things are missing, dashboard table and a cup holder. i know i can search on ebay and get cheap simple ones but is there anythings you guys would reccommend i can put into this truck to make it a bit more easy to live with and to save all my stuff rolling around the hump or blowing of the dashboard.

Cheers!

Gallon of petrol and a match.
Then get yourself a Volvo :laughing:

The-Snowman:

:smiley: :smiley: never a truer word was said

Unfortunately until the gaffer forks out for a 460 fhx I’m stuck with it so trying to make the best of a bad situation. Help instead of criticism with which I partially agree is appreciated!

Admittedly I’m not familiar with these trucks but a cup holder is essential. Perhaps a truck table in the centre bit can help or one of those stick on cup holder gizmos. Admittedly my current steed is an Actros which seems quite well laid out and a small amount of thought has gone into drivers needs.

First thing I would do is look at what I need handy whilst on the move and position it in such a way that these items can be used without taking ones eyes of the road.
So for me it would be cupholder, somewhere for me flasks to go in easy reach and ideally so I could pour a cuppa with out the old bill or some dashcam drama queen catching me at it.

Next is me vape ciggy that needs it own special place for easy sucking on.

Then consider food and snacks etc.

So try and utilise what you have then either make or buy things that can make your day so much easier.

Over time you will see a need and fill that need but to start witha cupholder is priority, maybe it has a large ashtray that can hold a cup.
Anyway its only a temp fix till you get a proper truck :wink:

greeny46:
Hi all,
new to this forum but just been given my own truck and trailer (finally), and looking inside the odd simple things are missing, dashboard table and a cup holder. i know i can search on ebay and get cheap simple ones but is there anythings you guys would reccommend i can put into this truck to make it a bit more easy to live with and to save all my stuff rolling around the hump or blowing of the dashboard.

Cheers!

Get some pictures up of whats missing and we’ll go from there as I cant ever remember a Scania having a table

Fortunately I won’t be needing a flask holder. Sorted out a single gas camping stove for tea/coffee etc. Cup holder I’m desperately searching for but can’t find one that’s adjustable and not too flimsy. They sell scania twin cup holders for £9 used online but you need to bolt them somewhere. Passenger seat is filled with 12v coolbox. I’ll put pics up when I’m back to work next week but any other advice in the meantime is helpful!

Carefull with the gas stove, I know its obvious but its instant dissmisal at our place if caught with one, all because some silly sod set fire to his truck in the past and every elf and safety place loves to reproduce this picture for notice boards.
Electric kettles can be OK but may need a better socket than a ciggy one, Hella plugs work well - lots of threads on here about leccy kettles.

My coolbox and electric cooker / kettle are in me middle bit that allows easy access and makes a nice 'L shape for me on the road goodies, nothing worse than getting peckish and the coolbox is all the way over on the passenger seat.

Consider somewhere for utensils, condoments and any other things you may need from time to time.

Also look at nice space to charge and use your tablet or laptop for ■■■■ viewing.

One of those plug in USB charger with ciiggy socket is perfect for me.

Takes me about a month to get everything where I want it in a new motor, big stuff is easy but fine tuning takes a little longer.

Best thing I found was having 2 flasks, a big one for hot water and a little one for ready made tea / coffee.

Luckily I’ve got galaxy note 3 which holds all movies/music etc. Thanks for advice on gas stove I’ll have to check this out. Yet our planer drivers who live in vans have gas stoves in so I’m assuming sane rules apply for us.
Issue I have is with p cab the engine hump is rounded by both sseats. Trying to make a tray I can leave cooler in etc but got nowhere to mount the tray to.
Suggestions?

I bungey the cooler box behind my seat and chuck it on the drivers seat for the night.
I sleep with my head at the passenger end of the bed with the passenger seat folded down to make a table for me to watch dvds/telly on my laptop.
Mine has the double drinks holder attached to the dash, sure you could get one from a breakers :bulb:

I recently took the top bunk out as I dont use it and had our welders fab up a bracket for my microwave.
All cosy as you can be in a low cab :laughing:

My new shelf :laughing:

On the panel (if yours is the same as mine as mine is an oldy 53 plate) behind the drivers seat where the reading lights and night heater controls are there are two blanked off discs at the top, pop then out and turn them around and refit them, then you have two usable coat hangers :wink:

If you buy one of those standard type thermal cups with a screw on lid, you will find that the handle fits a treat over the door closure. It hangs there just right!

I had an old R series without a cup holder.

The-Snowman:

Almost, ignore the Swede and go German.

I cant be arsed with cab/brand snobbery, I would drive this if the money was right :wink:

To be fair I am not far off it :laughing: :laughing:

Drift:
I cant be arsed with cab/brand snobbery, I would drive this if the money was right :wink:

Dips on the top bunk.

Radar19:

Drift:

Dips on the top bunk.

Bottom actually, (look at me finger position) and nope I aint got gloves on… :blush:

Dipper_Dave:

Radar19:

Drift:

Dips on the top bunk.

Bottom actually, (look at me finger position) and nope I aint got gloves on… :blush:

White knob beside top bunk …looks like nightheater :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I drive the P series and when I slide the drawer out from under the bunk, it holds at about 6 inches and I have a cup holder in there that’s how it came, is yours different?

Stuff on a dash table rolling around, try wearing clothing with a few more pockets…lol… sort that issue out and as for a drinking cupholder…, may I suggest this… prefect for that no hands off the steering wheel thingy and it doubles up for you H&S as a hard hat, what more could a guy ask for :grimacing:

racker:

Dipper_Dave:

Radar19:

Drift:

Dips on the top bunk.

White knob beside top bunk …looks like nightheater :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Makes a Renault look plush.

I haven’t got the slide out compartment just slide out fridge that barely works on the 08 truck it’s fitted to!