MAN drivers

Hello chaps today I’m in one of the many hire trucks we have, I usely take one of the scania’s but today decided to take somthing different a 2011 MAN tgx26.440 it’s a really nice truck visually and to drive …

But where’s the bloody cigarette lighter/12v socket my phone is almost juiceless I’ve hunted every where , the scania has 2 there must be one somewhere …

Dam it dosnt get any better than that for informative , thanks .

How ever after looking all day 10 minits ago I gave up plonked my arse in the passenger seat my knee knocked the dash and it opend :open_mouth:
That proper James Bond ■■■■…

Don’t worry that dash panel catch will break in a few days and the cubby will be permanently open so easy to spot the socket then… :sunglasses:

Usefully yoo for cleaning purposes when you hit a large road dip the cab suspension will bottom out and and when it rebounds to the end of its travel the entire contents of that cubby will be all over the cab, ask me how i know this… :unamused:

I’ve already found out how useless the cup holder on the dash is , turned right cup went left . The grippers have no grip what so ever …

Won’t be long before you need to wind down the window to let yourself out cos the interior door handle snaps.

Not had anything break on my 11 plate yet, but gave to agree about the cup holder, about as much use as a chocolate fireguard when holding a travel mug.Put a normal mug in mine and then the travel mug in that, but shouldnt have too, oh and for the shoukdnt be drinking while driving brigade, tell someone who give`s a crap.

ThrustMaster, nice pic, how do you manage to keep the inside so clean?

Fergi:
ThrustMaster, nice pic, how do you manage to keep the inside so clean?

he doesn’t drive it, he just uses it to show people where things are located :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t have a problem with the cup holder, I suppose it depends on the shape of your cup. That panel is a bit of a pain, it opens too easily. Things don’t fall of the inside of mine (except for a door panel this week) it’s the outside things keep falling off of.

At least you get a spare dust bin lid when you drive one of those, and a truck sized blind spot behind the mirrors :smiley:

Nice enough apart from that tho :slight_smile:

Phantom Mark:
At least you get a spare dust bin lid when you drive one of those, and a truck sized blind spot behind the mirrors :smiley:

Nice enough apart from that tho :slight_smile:

+1.
poxy steering wheel, and blindspot. i’m no over keen on the auto, other than that, not bad :grimacing:

Hope the op can find the steering wheel, it’s probably not in the same place as on that picture :smiley:

P.S I did 10 yrs on MAN’s… very happy with them.

Another vote for a new cup holder for the MAN. I find it either fails entirely to keep hold of anything, or crushes it beyond use.

Once had a polystyrene cup of soup in there, it cracked and when everywhere, but ask it to hold a can of coke and you have no chance.

as for cup holder,buy one of them handleless thermal tall mugs from the cheap shops.
poke a rag or something into door cup holder by yer right leg to pack it out a bit and stick yer cup in there.
works a treat