Cup holder in MAN trucks

Does anyone agree with me that the cup holder in the current MAN trucks are pretty useless at holding cups when the vehicle is moving?

‘NO’
I put a plastic mug in it, then my Thermos Travel Mug (holds two cups worth of coffee) inside that.
Then drive carefully & not like I stole it. :laughing:

so to get it to hold your insulated travel cup you have to first put a plastic mug in the holder then put your travel cup in the plastic mug, I think that proves my point!

Don’t have a problem with mine ( the cup holder ) that works ok, plenty of problems with the rest of the bloody thing. :frowning:

never had a problem, but the laptop keeps falling off the dashboard and the beans fall of the cooker when i swing into lane three past the coaches… :sunglasses:

So, shall we write to MAN Trucks & demand that they design a cup holder based on your cup. It’s like most things in this life, you have to adapt & make do for things to work for you.

You can probably buy a MAN Cup from the dealer, but the repayments will be more than the Truck’s worth. Lol

To be serious (for once) as you know, you’re not really supposed to be drinking coffee or tea whilst on the move.

I agree, it’s not fit for purpose, I’ve took it off and chucked it in the pointless coolbox that’s in the way as well

It will hold a cup or whatever you put in it but it has to fit nice and snug otherwise it’s no good and it’s not deep enough, i put my bottle in the holder at the bottom of the door by my right foot, anyway i think we are moving more to Volvo’s this year thank god.

Tighten the elastic up that pushes the 4 holder againt your cup.
I swapped mine for a big thick elastic band.

Have they sorted the ridiculous bulbous fridge out yet? The kuda one is much neater. We don’t need a coolbox thanks.

I’ve taken my coolbox out and my cup holder nicely holds my mobile phone and some paperclips. Sorted.

selby newcomer:
I agree, it’s not fit for purpose, I’ve took it off and chucked it in the pointless coolbox that’s in the way as well

Do you mean the stinky coolbox that gets dirty even when nothing is put in it.I put my travel mug in the cup holder and pack some rag around it

the maoster:
I’ve taken my coolbox out and my cup holder nicely holds my mobile phone and some paperclips. Sorted.

I’ve also done away with the cool box, and the stupid contraption above it on the bed to stop your gear going AWOL.
The cab is a lot easier to get about without the cool box.

The coolbox is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. The cup holder is even worse, so bought a cheapo mug which sits in it nice and that holds my travel mug just nice, but shouldn`t have to do it.

I work nights and usually buy a take away coffee from the usual forecourt shops, wild bean cafe, costa, starbucks, KFC, Macdonalds, Burger king, if I place one of their cardboard cups in the cup holder I would be lucky to get off the forecourt without the cup and contents falling out of the cup holder. I do admit it will hold a wide bottomed mug ok but thats about all.

Am I the only one that doesn’t have a problem with the cup holder? :neutral_face:

and then there’s the Scania microwave in the top box… the glass plate rattles and shakes whenever you’re driving, so that has to be taken out and stored elsewhere,
and my 02 plate vectra hasn’t even got any cup holders ,
and i didn’t get my leg over last night,
moan, moan, moan, moan,…

Trukkertone:
and then there’s the Scania microwave in the top box… the glass plate rattles and shakes whenever you’re driving, so that has to be taken out and stored elsewhere,
and my 02 plate vectra hasn’t even got any cup holders ,
and i didn’t get my leg over last night,
moan, moan, moan, moan,…

Yea !

Why can’t they make all trucks & cars to please every body ?

What is this world coming too ?

50%-90% of the creaks and rattles in an MAN can be attributed to that awful cool box contraption.

try holding drink in one hand while driving