Load security next week

Just make sure you secure everything that needs to be secured next week…

content.govdelivery.com/account … ns/252526a

States dangerous goods in the bulletin…but knowing DeViouSA they’ll target others :frowning:

Darkside:

I imagine there is going to be a lot of drivers next week with curtain siders that are going to be told their load is insecure.

Some genuinely will have just made zero effort, shut the curtains and the “loads secure”.

But a lot will have done genuinely all they can or all that’s possible to do with the tools they have and will get told their load is not adequately secured.

Rowley010:

Darkside:

I imagine there is going to be a lot of drivers next week with curtain siders that are going to be told their load is insecure.

Some genuinely will have just made zero effort, shut the curtains and the “loads secure”.

But a lot will have done genuinely all they can or all that’s possible to do with the tools they have and will get told their load is not adequately secured.

A load has to be secured to prevent movement during transport, right? If they stop you and your load hasn’t been “secured” but hasn’t moved at all, is it still insecure?

ETS:

Rowley010:

Darkside:

A load has to be secured to prevent movement during transport, right? If they stop you and your load hasn’t been “secured” but hasn’t moved at all, is it still insecure?

If anyone is wondering why they are carrying out these checks, just read that sentence to yourself…

They walk amongst us… :unamused:

ahh, a chicken or egg question. I would say it is still secure. but their response would be only because you have not encounterd a situation to make it insecure, and on and on goes the discussion. :unamused: :exclamation:

“Vehicle load security enforcement campaign week”? Be nice if they had a “catching diesel thief” week or even a “curtain slasher catching” week.

Nite Owl:
“Vehicle load security enforcement campaign week”? Be nice if they had a “catching diesel thief” week or even a “curtain slasher catching” week.

it would be great, but no chance as that would mean working un sociable hours, lurking in laybye’s and lorry parks.

actually do you night drivers see dvsa in the wee hours?..

m.a.n rules:

Nite Owl:

it would be great, but no chance as that would mean working un sociable hours, lurking in laybye’s and lorry parks.

Holyhead has been flat out overnight for the last two nights, Stafford, Carlisle and Dartford are regularly open through the night

m.a.n rules:

Nite Owl:

Aside from near the dartford site, I’ve only ever seen dvsa on the road before 10pm.

Nite Owl:
Aside from near the dartford site, I’ve only ever seen dvsa on the road before 10pm.

Clearly never been anywhere near Carlisle or the M74. They are most certainly active around Todhills after 10pm. I reach there typically around 11pm to Midnight and they’re about from time to time.

Darkside:

That bulletin screams pallet network double deckers to me…

Nite Owl:

+1

Reef:

Darkside:

That bulletin screams pallet network double deckers to me…

good point mate, I wonder how many late parcels there will be next week… :laughing:

Thing that get me

There advertising load security crackdown.
Also a post on here about Cheshire police using a white actros.

Why do.they advertise say what there doing.
It alerts people and thus any decent compnays/drivers make sure there safe and legal.

They should just stop people not advertise there doing it. Catch drivers unaware

ETS:

Rowley010:

Darkside:

An XL EN12642 curtain is the only type of curtain under the DVSA rules that can be used as part of your load security. Any other curtain is weather protection only. Therefore if you open the curtain and there no side straps as far as they are concerned it’s insecure because you can’t use weather protection to secure a load even if it’s up tight against it.

nomiS36:

Nite Owl:

+1

+2.
It does not matter a ■■■■ how secure you genuinely think it is,(and in most cases as such, it will be in realworld) if they want to do you they will.
■■■■ all to do with load security in reality, all to do with the usual revenue raising…end of.

m.a.n rules:
…actually do you night drivers see dvsa in the wee hours?..

Only seen The Ministry once in past 18 months at night and that was at the A5 checkpoint near Cannock around 4am. They had a truck in there impounded so suspect it was a special case, eg customs or immigration.

Never saw them during the load security checks they were supposed to be doing on the M62 a while back.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they are doing this around that services near Bradford on M62. I got stopped there by police doing one night of ADR checks (about 3am) but no VOSA and wasn’t too bothered about load security.

Forget the checkpoints, they should be positioning themselves outside the various well known distribution sites.

Do that and any (most) that don’t comply either turn around back into the site or clog the road up outside with immobilised wagons. The site should then be asked to explain why they are allowing so many ‘dangerous’ loads out on the road & made to take some responsibility, maybe then we will get a bit of help!

rob22888:
Forget the checkpoints, they should be positioning themselves outside the various well known distribution sites.

Do that and any (most) that don’t comply either turn around back into the site or clog the road up outside with immobilised wagons. The site should then be asked to explain why they are allowing so many ‘dangerous’ loads out on the road & made to take some responsibility, maybe then we will get a bit of help!

This is what they should do for sure then also make that company partly accountable.

Imagine if they stopped every stobart truck coming out of britvic (if they still do it?). They probably be able to fine every single one for an insecure load because even if it was strapped it would be on internals not ratchets.

Same with every truck coming out of refresco (once cotts) at kegworth or nelson. They could fine every single driver leaving those places as I’ve never seen a driver ratchet strap a load at either one (myself included) yet each pallet is certainly over 400kgs.