retirement

Been retired 12 months , just renewing my licence without hgv entitlement cos i dont want to get get into a truck again, 48 years is enough.
Thanks to all folk i have chatted with and to admin an mods, enjoyed learning off these folks on here and hoped i have been a little help.
will delete it from main screen but may pop in now an then.
Have a good life people, thank you for all info i have gleaned, take care and be safe out there.
Been a pleasure.

Enjoy your retirement mate, …but why knock Trucknet on the head?
It’s good for the crack if you’ve nowt to do, and your experience is invaluable to new lads looking for advice.

Also you always get a laugh at some of the f/whits on here. :wink: :smiley:

robroy:
It’s good for the crack if you’ve nowt to do, and your experience is invaluable to new lads looking for advice.

You are not wrong there.

48 years on the job? You’re exactly the type of guy we need on here. All that knowledge and info, come on man, spread the love a little.

Ps, enjoy retirement but dont rub it in too much. Some of us have quite a way to go yet!

gezt:
Been retired 12 months , just renewing my licence without hgv entitlement cos i dont want to get get into a truck again, 48 years is enough.
Thanks to all folk i have chatted with and to admin an mods, enjoyed learning off these folks on here and hoped i have been a little help.
will delete it from main screen but may pop in now an then.
Have a good life people, thank you for all info i have gleaned, take care and be safe out there.
Been a pleasure.

Good luck,been retired for nearly eight years after being “on the road” in one way or another since I was fifteen.
Held my licence just in case I needed a bit of cash to get me through,never used it,never renewed.
Now I couldnt do half a day never mind a full shift,or get up at silly oclock unless its for a pee or an early flight and the latter is very rare. :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah. I wouldn’t leave the forum. Experience & rational thought are much needed

Best wishes on the next phase of your life. Well earned

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Not leaving, just putting on the back burner for now.

gezt:
Not leaving, just putting on the back burner for now.

Understandable

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Enjoy your retirement, I hope you have the chance to do all the things you didn’t have time for before.

albion:
Enjoy your retirement, I hope you have the chance to do all the things you didn’t have time for before.

I’ve been retired 7years now (apart from odd days helping my pal out) I don’t know how I found time to do a full time job :confused: :confused: Enjoy your retirement, I do!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I still have my licence but I’m not renewing the DCPC in September. Regards Kev.

enjoy your retirement, you’ve done a long enough shift…
but I agree with everyone else … stay here and pass on your wisdom…

well done Getz.i find it difficult to stay retired although i passed that milestone a few years ago, have time off, then get behind the wheel again…am doing my CPC for the last time though, just looking at prices £373.75p the latest for the week ( in maidstone ) just gotta get through DVLA and £48 for the medical.
But like the others, stay tuned, dont switch off, theres still friends to be made, and of course valuable experience…i am 73 next month, and havnt yet had enough, but look forward to my annual pilgrimage to my other home by the sea for 3 months. :smiley:

Got licence back today, they ignored the request to remove hgv entitlement, its now valid till 2023 when I’m 70 thank God cpc runs out in September,

I’m now 16 years into retirement, Gezt, and its the best job I’ve ever had! Enjoy it mate :smiley:

gezt:
Got licence back today, they ignored the request to remove hgv entitlement, its now valid till 2023 when I’m 70 thank God cpc runs out in September,

It’s a bit like the lyrics in Hotel California mate.

" You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave " :wink: :laughing:

emmerson2:
I’m now 16 years into retirement, Gezt, and its the best job I’ve ever had! Enjoy it mate :smiley:

I am mate ,no worries

Retirement? What is this condition called “retirement” you speak of?

robroy:

Yep you always give me a laugh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I’ve been retired a year and this is what i think of it now…