Builders merchants

I’ve a load to pick up tomorrow hopefully for a 8 am wed delivery , if I got that load tomorrow early , would a builders merchants take a load a day early do you think :question:
Nb there’s method in my madness , if I can get it tipped tomorrow ( 1/2 load) then I can stop at Grantham ( go home tomorrow night ) then head up to Grimsby we’d morn , if I can’t get tipped tomorrow I’ll have to stop out for night :frowning:
So will builders merchants take loads early , ta

2017-05-29-18-55-32-243156441.jpg

dozy:
I’ve a load to pick up tomorrow hopefully for a 8 am wed delivery , if I got that load tomorrow early , would a builders merchants take a load a day early do you think :question:
Nb there’s method in my madness , if I can get it tipped tomorrow ( 1/2 load) then I can stop at Grantham ( go home tomorrow night ) then head up to Grimsby we’d morn , if I can’t get tipped tomorrow I’ll have to stop out for night :frowning:

How long is a piece of string Dozy? Its anyones guess really, the only thing you can do is turn up at their yard with it and ask the jobsworth fork cabbage…

AndrewG:

dozy:

How long is a piece of string Dozy? Its anyones guess really, the only thing you can do is turn up at their yard with it and ask the jobsworth fork cabbage…

or dont…bit of an eternal dilemma there…i googled the question and it says…some do,some dont,some will,and some wont.
some might if they want the stuff,and some wont if they dont want it.but be sure to let us know how you get on so in future we will all know the answer to the question…will builders merchants take a load a day early…i dont know about anyone else,but itl help me sleep at night in the future instead of having to skull 14 cans of stella night after night to eventually nod off.

Just turn up early doors Dozy and at least you’ll be at the front of the que or in fact see if you can night out right outside their gates.

Before turning up I usually phone the customer and ask if I can deliver early if not its park as close as possible to a pub

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ta all , I’ll give it a try , normally always late so they might be impressed enough too tip me , and then I can get home for night :smiley:

dozy:

why don’t you call them up and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozy does your company not have a proper office with planners etc? Surely this kind of thing is for them to deal with, not you. Can they not find that out? Failing that just get the number for the place your going and phone them to ask. Doubt you’ll get a definitive yes or no on here!

Dozy trying to think outside the box. This could be fun.

I cannot wait for Wednesdays follow up post when he’s stuck in Thurso after creating all that extra time :laughing: .

pickandmix:

I know that would be the most common sense thing to do, but you are aware it’s Dopey asking the original question :unamused:

peirre:

pickandmix:

I know that would be the most common sense thing to do, but you are aware it’s Dopey asking the original question :unamused:

His planners watch his “secret” battle plans being broadcast live on trucknet like little cartoon thought bubbles.

Through tears of laughter and ■■■■■■■ caused by painfully stifled sniggers, they can’t believe their luck.

For the effect they give it a day and then pick up that phone. And voila!..

One Dozy “I’m stuck on a wasteland with a yoghurt pot and some orange peel whilst my misses is out for a a fifth steak dinner in a row” Friday night post :laughing:

James the cat:

peirre:

pickandmix:

His planners watch his “secret” battle plans being broadcast live on trucknet like little cartoon thought bubbles.

Through tears of laughter and ■■■■■■■ caused by painfully stifled sniggers, they can’t believe their luck.

For the effect they give it a day and then pick up that phone. And voila!..

One Dozy “I’m stuck on a wasteland with a yoghurt pot and some orange peel whilst my misses is out for a a fifth steak dinner in a row” Friday night post :laughing:

Well he’s ring me after being tipped in 15/20 mins at tesco and said park up and I’ll ring you back , may change your job :unamused: , so you may have a point :smiling_imp: , bet he sends me in totally the opposite direction to what I want to go , going so well , thought I’d be home possibly by 5 :smiling_imp:

dozy:
thought I’d be home possibly by 5

Have you considered a career in comedy?

15355826_10211583035955636_7419449881923543817_n.jpg

Sent me to meet another of our drivers and pick another one of the loads I took into litchfield earlier apparently he’s struggling for driving time as he’s bringing it down from moss end , I’d of thought 5/6 hrs from mossend- litchfield , zb joke , then I’ve got to go and get the load I was hoping to get early and maybe get it into b/ m , it will be the zb morn now and a zb layby instead of home / my bed
Some of these drivers take the ■■■■ and thick bosses fall for it :smiling_imp: he must have at least 4 hrs driving , it’s only ties so he must have a 10 hr drive left

2017-05-29-18-55-37--2143342786.jpg

You should have done what I did , my last 3 drops are getting done tomorrow as I wasn’t going in to central London at 3pm , so 3 early doors tomorrow then Rotchester pick timber up for rural Dorset

blue estate:
You should have done what I did , my last 3 drops are getting done tomorrow as I wasn’t going in to central London at 3pm , so 3 early doors tomorrow then Rotchester pick timber up for rural Dorset

I had Notts - grimsby tomorrow rob , so I was hoping to get loaded early today and try and see if I could get Notts off today , then night out in Grantham ( home ) then on up to Grimsby in morn , but with having to go back to litchfield a 2 nd time , no chance of getting loaded and at builders merchants by 16.00, I work all these plans out in my head and they rarely work out :astonished: , rang Mrs and she said she was doing lamb chops , new tates and green beans for tea , now going to have whatever I can get out of tesco machine :smiling_imp:

dozy:
thought I’d be home possibly by 5