Notebook - Recording Hours

Playing around with ways to record details in a notebook. Does below seem okay? Am I missing anything? Can it be done better? Anyone have any templates that I could use? It’s formatted a bit better. Trucknet wont let the format stay when I copy and paste.Thanks.

WEEK NUMBER:
AGENCY: COMPANY:
VEHICLE REGISTRATION:
WALK AROUND CHECK:
DEFECTS [NOTES]:

DATE:

START OF SHIFT: MUST END SHIFT BY: END OF SHIFT:

DAILY REST: HOW MANY 9 HOURS AVAILABLE:

WEEKLY REST: REGUALR OR REDUCED

COMPENSATION OWING: MAXIMUM DATE TO PAY BACK:

DRIVING TIME: HOW MANY 10 HOURS AVAILABLE:
DRIVING TIME TOTAL WEEK:
DRIVING TIME TOTAL FORTNIGHT:

DRIVING TIME BREAKS:
45 MINUTES TIME TAKEN:
15 MINUTES +30 MINUTES TIME TAKEN:

WTD BREAKS:
6 HOURS BREAK SATISFIED?
6-9 HOURS BREAK SATISFIED?
OVER 9 HOURS BREAK SATISFIED?

POA:

things like this used to work quite well ( for drivers)…

page93-30min-break.jpg

Funny, I was going to ask something similar…

What method do you all use to record the hours driven each day?

Is it a simple notebook or is there some clever stopwatch type device designed to do the job?

Have you considered using trucker timer android/ios/blackberry app, it will do most if not all you want to do, and you can export files into CSV format. Once you learn how to use it it is pretty accurate and works pretty well.

truckertimer.com/

I have used it before and will be using it again in the new year when I get back out on the road after a long stint of shunting in the yard.

Good old fashioned pen & paper, write down start time, when you leave, destination, when you arrive (as many times as necessary) & any breaks, then just the time that you pull your card (& or clock out)
Then you can transfer the info onto a spread sheet, if you want.
I use the back of my old manifests, can usually get 3 or 4 days worth on each piece of paper, keep them as evidence (in case the office asks what you did 3 weeks ago [emoji57]) for a few weeks, then bin 'em.

LE1erRE:
Playing around with ways to record details in a notebook. Does below seem okay? Am I missing anything? Can it be done better? Anyone have any templates that I could use? It’s formatted a bit better. Trucknet wont let the format stay when I copy and paste.Thanks.

WEEK NUMBER:
AGENCY: COMPANY:
VEHICLE REGISTRATION:
WALK AROUND CHECK:
DEFECTS [NOTES]:

DATE:

START OF SHIFT: MUST END SHIFT BY: END OF SHIFT:

DAILY REST: HOW MANY 9 HOURS AVAILABLE:

WEEKLY REST: REGUALR OR REDUCED

COMPENSATION OWING: MAXIMUM DATE TO PAY BACK:

DRIVING TIME: HOW MANY 10 HOURS AVAILABLE:
DRIVING TIME TOTAL WEEK:
DRIVING TIME TOTAL FORTNIGHT:

DRIVING TIME BREAKS:
45 MINUTES TIME TAKEN:
15 MINUTES +30 MINUTES TIME TAKEN:

WTD BREAKS:
6 HOURS BREAK SATISFIED?
6-9 HOURS BREAK SATISFIED?
OVER 9 HOURS BREAK SATISFIED?

POA:

Do you really need to no all these things i drove for 15 years and never kept a record of anything. If you cannot remember how many hours you have driven or how long your break was how are you going to remember where your going or how to drive the truck without notes to tell you to take the handbrake off.

It would be difficult to stay legal unless notes were made. You could of course just do a printout but they look like a bugger to get your head around.

I suppose its possible to try and keep it in your head but makes sense to have a record of it.

Not least of all make sure you get paid the right money for hours worked :slight_smile:

LE1erRE:
It would be difficult to stay legal unless notes were made. You could of course just do a printout but they look like a bugger to get your head around.

I suppose its possible to try and keep it in your head but makes sense to have a record of it.

Not least of all make sure you get paid the right money for hours worked :slight_smile:

If you’re employed for a firm direct I wouldn’t bother, a timesheet would suffice, plus you’ll have defect books/sheets to fill in everyday, so between all that you would have just abut everything you’ve got on your list.

If I was AGENCY, and at different places week in week out, I would have an A4 page a day diary, and be scrupulously recording everything in it thats on your list. To aid in any dispute’s over hours, wages, or damage.

Usually do mine daily like this:

DT = Drive time (Accumulated total in brackets)
WT = Working time (Other work + Drive time)
Duty = Total shift time

/ = Up to

Then cos I’m agency the estimated pay + pay hours at bottom, to make sure they are right! Then have a print out at the end also, put em all in a file and keep them for future reference to keep track of my WTD weekly requirements etc.

P.s. Yes i know the pay is crap!

Just do a print out and write anything else you need to on the back :unamused:

Usually do mine daily like this:

DT = Drive time (Accumulated total in brackets)
WT = Working time (Other work + Drive time)
Duty = Total shift time

/ = Up to

20161026_123625.jpg

Then cos I’m agency the estimated pay + pay hours at bottom, to make sure they are right! Then have a print out at the end also, put em all in a file and keep them for future reference to keep track of my WTD weekly requirements etc.

P.s. Yes i know the pay is crap!hamletbarnard MEMBER Posts: 21Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:19 pm

Are you doing that throughout the day? I was looking more at for my own records mainly filled out at end of day?

Was mainly thinking about doing that if it was agency. I suppose permanent employer would be less important especially if you knew your hours were pretty regular, never hit the 9 or 10 hour driving limit, etc…

Yes do that through the day to keep tabs on time really.