Bulgarian Registered Trucks

Where I work we get a lot of deliveries from Europe mainly Greece, Belgium and Spain.

What I have noticed over the past few months is that nearly all these trucks are registered to Bulgaria. The trailers and tractor units are liveried in the company livery and display the website and phone numbers for their respective countries, the drivers are from their respective countries (Greece, Belgium, Spain).

But nearly all the trucks are registered to Bulgaria and a few to Romania.

Is there a reason for this? Is this legal?

I don’t understand why a Spanish company with a Spanish driver would register a truck to Bulgaria.

Same as when England registered a ■■■■ load of trucks in Holland :wink:

danalex84:
Where I work we get a lot of deliveries from Europe mainly Greece, Belgium and Spain.

What I have noticed over the past few months is that nearly all these trucks are registered to Bulgaria. The trailers and tractor units are liveried in the company livery and display the website and phone numbers for their respective countries, the drivers are from their respective countries (Greece, Belgium, Spain).

But nearly all the trucks are registered to Bulgaria and a few to Romania.

Is there a reason for this? Is this legal?

I don’t understand why a Spanish company with a Spanish driver would register a truck to Bulgaria.

I think it must be cheaper, either in tax or other requirements, I’ve seen a few RHD, Bulgarian registered truck around the Kent area.

A lot cheaper, I can find out the real costs if really wanted but a pal worked for a co that had rigs flagged out to bulg, just like ships do to save dosh, peanuts for o licence & needed naff all in the bank either for the financial standing part is one part I remember.

Just have a look at this/ mhthink.co.uk/

Also this mhthink.co.uk/avoid-vosa-keep-op … clean.html

I’ve run a truck out there,for flagging out, for a guy. I believe he paid £500, for the O licence, insurance, and tax. That is why you’re seeing Bulgarian reg trucks.

Plenty of shaged out rhd wrecks pulling trailers for the usual crap rate suspects in the south east.
As usual the DVSA and traffic commisioner doing nothing most wouldn’t make dover let alone Romania or Bulgaria.
Pretty much why this industury is screwed as vosa are to busy trying to nick uk trucks for having a marker light out.

hedg70:
Just have a look at this/ mhthink.co.uk/

Also this mhthink.co.uk/avoid-vosa-keep-op … clean.html

So what`s the catch, as the savings are significant to say the least…

How do you go about getting your yearly BG inspection done, if you are UK only operator ?

You can get a home country equivalent test done at any EU testing station.

cracker-bar:

Funnily enough, I`ve just found this little gem, whilst trawling through their sales speak…

I`m thinking of expanding my operation, but really didn’t fancy having to deal with the TC, and the landlord regarding parking, or those complete ■■■■ Turpins from the insurance world.

I think I need to get my BG translation CD out again :open_mouth:

cracker-bar:

Is this true? It doesn’t apply to cars as a UK registered car has to come back home every year for its MOT.

Anything which makes it easier to set up a western European operation,employing west Euro divers,but under the level playing field of obviously more road transport friendly East Euro operating conditions.Can only be a good thing.At least until/unless we get a more road transport friendly government of our own that also gets us out of the EU which we might have got if the electorate had more sense. :bulb:

That’s what I was told, by the Guy registering his trucks in BG, also heard it off a ditch guy too.

cracker-bar:

really? never heard of the possibility to do that and I know a lot of trucks that only go back to the country of registration once a year for the sole purpose of MOT. some years ago it was only the papers went, not even the truck and I’m sure that’s the way it still is in some parts

and not only western hauliers, but the turks, macedonians etc are flagging out to bulgaria, thanks to their membership of the EU. based on what the drivers say and what you can research on the internet, it’s a total economic boom when it comes to the transportation industry, after the border came down.

being far away from Sofia I am not one to complain myself - just paid for adding tanks and explosives to my ADR ticket, a grand total of €131 :astonished:

Reading the above post and links, It seems must also apply to H&S rules. I do a lot of site work and crap tele handlers i see wheels of the ground chasing around like idiots, well blimey i could make fortune on youtube if i recorded it and did compilation vids. I often think they must have got there tickets out of a cereal pack. If the hire company would see how some of these so called drivers use there tackle, i think no site would have a tele handler out on hire. :smiley:

milodon:
and not only western hauliers, but the turks, macedonians etc are flagging out to bulgaria, thanks to their membership of the EU. based on what the drivers say and what you can research on the internet, it’s a total economic boom when it comes to the transportation industry, after the border came down.

being far away from Sofia I am not one to complain myself - just paid for adding tanks and explosives to my ADR ticket, a grand total of €131 :astonished:

Turkey isn’t an EU state, or it wasn’t the last time I looked :open_mouth:

Its not a basket case, it can`t be wanting to be a member of the League of Corruption surely ?

Stanley Mitchell:

milodon:

Turkey isn’t an EU state, or it wasn’t the last time I looked :open_mouth:

Its not a basket case, it can`t be wanting to be a member of the League of Corruption surely ?

Reread the quote from Milodon again as you’ve misunderstood it completely… :wink:

Thanks to Bulgaria for it’s EU membership…

Stanley Mitchell:

au contraire, the preliminary talks have been underway for years. it is a very favourable position to be among the poorest members of the EU, as you are effectively the cheapest provider of workforce, services and products in a vast open marketplace. all at the expense of the richer part of the spectrum of course, c’est la vie.

milodon:
it is a very favourable position to be among the poorest members of the EU, as you are effectively the cheapest provider of workforce, services and products in a vast open marketplace. all at the expense of the richer part of the spectrum of course.

Probably more like it’s a favourable position to be one of the East Euro states that the US sees as part of its strategic interest to have within the EU.It could get interesting if Greece now goes with Russia by allowing the Black Sea fleet to use its ports.Especially as America obviously views Turkey as more strategically important and is daft enough to trust it more than keeping Greece onside. :open_mouth: :unamused: