Foreign trucks

Has anyone else noticed the ever increasing old British units running round with Eastern European plates on. Normally pulling tilts out of southern ports, they clearly never leave the uk.
In other words they want the work, but they’re not prepared to pay British road tax or a decent wage. How do they get away with it?

See one in particular quite often.
An ex royal mail cf on Rumo plates
By the look of it,i wouldnt think it was capable of making it back to Romania !!
The thing is,the flip flops are doing what the Brits used to do years ago.
Did jonny foreigner use to moan when we did countless turnarounds at Euro ports?
Of course they didnt because we had to pay for vignettes/tolls the same as everybody else.
Until we introduce a similar system over here,the problem will only get worse.

Funny enough I just did a trailer swap at a place in Worcester and on the bay next to the trailer I picked up was a RHD Actros on RO plates. I reckon it’s spent as much time in Romania as I have, which is precisely zilch.

I see these RO reg RHD trucks over here from time to time. Mainly on short haul work in the Benelux…

I’ve been running to London everyday this week and have passed the same batim (PL) driver 4/5 days pulling a dacher double decker on the M1.

Wonder what’s going on there then? :confused:

darley ford in cornwall have some Bulgarian flagged out trucks now, so I was told the other week,
there was a company in London advertising over a year ago offering their services with dealing with the BG authorities to flag out. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Theyre just doing what Brits used to do when they flagged out to Holland.