Counterpart license

Hi, does it cost to get a new paper part if you lose your current one? Thanks.

Simple answer no as counterparts are no longer issued as of jan this year I believe

TJ82:
Simple answer no as counterparts are no longer issued as of jan this year I believe

Are you sure sure? With your simple answer you think?? Thanks for reply anyway

You could always ring the issuer and ask them, or venture onto their website ;

Edit: got my month wrong it’s June :slight_smile:

gov.uk/government/news/driv … ce-changes

TJ82:
Edit: got my month wrong it’s June :slight_smile:

I think they’ve delayed the date even further.

Unfortunately, they still charge £20. I needed my counterpart last week, and for the life in me, I could not find it,so I rang DVLA, I asked them “Do I actually need my counterpart” and they said “yes”.

It cost me £20, they sent a photolicence and a new counterpart. Came in 3 days.

Can you do without it for 5 months - they get scrapped in early june 2015

ROG:

If your license ( counterpart) was issued before 1998 do not destroy.

djp:

ROG:

If your license ( counterpart) was issued before 1998 do not destroy.

It would not be a counterpart if it was because they were only issued from 1998

pre 1998 paper was a full licence

unfortunately if the card and counterpart is required before the counterpart is scrapped you will need both as the plastic card goes with only 1 paper counterpart so if you change 1 or lose 1 you will need to have both replaced.basicly you cant mix and match paper and plastic.

nick2008:
unfortunately if the card and counterpart is required before the counterpart is scrapped you will need both as the plastic card goes with only 1 paper counterpart so if you change 1 or lose 1 you will need to have both replaced.basicly you cant mix and match paper and plastic.

wha?

djp:

nick2008:

wha?

He means you cannot just replace one bit - both must be replaced

ROG:

djp:

nick2008:

wha?

He means you cannot just replace one bit - both must be replaced

The issue numbers have to match.
Plastic will have a number after your licence number and the paper has the same number with a A in the box(top right hand side).

You will need you paper part of the licence to drive any HGV as you should carry it at all times when driving.
Iirc if you get stopped by DVSA and they ask for your licence and you don’t have both parts you can get fined.