Licence Counterpart Demise

So how many will destroy their paper counterpart tomorrow, just like DVLA letter says we should?

I don’t even know where mine is :blush: Got plastic bit in wallet though - don’t know why.

As an Agency driver I get mine checked regularly so I will officially say I have destroyed but still keep it in my bag for a while longer as I am sure I will get asked for it :smiley:

Keeping mine just to see who asks for it. As no doubt it will as I doubt yet another DVLA change will filter to the masses

I’m doing my motorbike CBT next Friday what will they do just check my counterpart online?

Had something from the office last week regarding these changes, had to sign to let my company view my license online.

I’ll get rid of mine. It’ll be a worthless piece of paper so why keep it

I’m going to file mine away along with all the other bits of paper that I don’t really need but hang onto “just in case”.

I’ll keep it just cos am a senitmental bastart, pull it out in 20 years to show the grandkids what paper looked like :laughing:

I have a scan of both parts of my licence on. My pc, I don’t trust the dvla as I have heard stories of them taking entitlements off people’s licence when it’s been renewed, then having a hell of a job proving they had the entitlement in the first place, sure to be sure :wink:

Well I got a letter just yesterday regarding an FPN that I’ve paid and they are asking for both the licence and the counterpart to be sent to them!!!
Wonder if I’ll get the counterpart back?

I handed in my photocard and online print-off to an agency client on Friday. No questions asked.

Radar19:
Had something from the office last week regarding these changes, had to sign to let my company view my license online.

Many companies have been doing that for years since the counterpart has never been worth the paper it is printed on. It’s always been possible to get a new copy (for a fee) saying you had lost the original and keep the original as a “clean” version while the new one has endorsements on it.

Baldy91:
I’m doing my motorbike CBT next Friday what will they do just check my counterpart online?

Done my CBT today, this question got mentioned, YOU will have to do the online check and print off a copy (or I would just still take along your counterpart, thinking of the planet saving extra paper :laughing: )

what makes my blood boil about this change is: I got a two page letter telling me about the dvla scrapping the counterpart which is one page, anybody else had one of these letters?

In other words lets have more “red tape”

To allow other people access to your record, you will need to log on to the ‘share driving licence online’ service, with your full licence number, your National Insurance number and your postcode. LOl LOl

The access code is valid for “72 hours,” and you can only apply for five in any “72 hour period”. If you’re not online, you will be able to call the DVLA and give permission for your driving record to be checked verbally.

Its was easily just showing the" old documents" baboon’s

Had to renew my licence because of a address change,got the new card and counterpart through on Saturday,also a letter came separately telling me to destroy the paper part on Monday :smiley:

ckm1981:
Had to renew my licence because of a address change,got the new card and counterpart through on Saturday,also a letter came separately telling me to destroy the paper part on Monday :smiley:

I had the same thing happen to me pal,i sent mine off with medical form and it came back with both parts and the destroy letter with it :laughing:

Frame it and put it on the mantlepiece… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

walesonline.co.uk/news/wales … ng-9406819

Going to collect a hire car on Friday, let’s see what they say!
Paul

sonflowerinwales:
Going to collect a hire car on Friday, let’s see what they say!
Paul

Chaos today massive queues and just heard on radio 2 that the advice is keep your paper version for now. Yes folks its official another ill thought out half baked plan :smiley: If you are hiring a car abroad on holiday you need to generate that special code from your NI number passport n umber and drivers licence number. :sunglasses:

Would have been easier to keep the paper bit :unamused:

Hanging on to mine, give them a year or two to iron the things they never thought of out :grimacing: