Abolition of paper counterpart licence

Just read in the transport news this has been pushed back to 8th june 2015. I have already ditched mine as i didn’t think i would need it anymore.
Will i have to apply for a new one now?

gov.uk/government/news/driv … ce-changes

see here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122901

simple answer is your technically driving NOT in accordance with the terms of the licence ie if you get pulled you cant show it or if work wants to see it you cant show it.

I just don’t understand why people dump things better to just to put in the drawer out the way JUST IN CASE

Cheers thanks for that ian

Good, my medical & licence need renewed this year, fed up trying to remember the ‘safe place’ I put the paper part :blush:

Turns out I need June to roll round a bit quick, I have no idea where my paper part is. It struck me I hadn’t seen it for a while when I saw this thread and I’ve been looking for it for the last hour or so and can’t find it, I only got it in May last year when I renewed the photo. I reckon I’ve binned it by mistake when I was having a clear out of old paperwork and letters a couple of moths ago, just got to get through a little under 4 months without needing it.

Do you have too carry both parts with you :question:

dozy:

An employer might ask for copies before June.

mrginge:

dozy:

Ours are checked electronically,but since I lost my wallet containing my driving lisense I’ve stopped carrying them with me ,was told the other day by depot boss if I can’t produce them at the request of cops/ vosa etc I will be fined ,I just wondered if that was the case

Got stopped by Vosa last Feb. Not carrying licence or digi, had been on analogue for 8 months. Had to produce digi within 1 hour or £300 fine and truck lassoed for 24 hrs. Did not want to see licence

dozy:

na but you must when asked be able to produce a valid in date ( ie the date asked ) licence or a leter that was issued on or before the request … in other words a producer.
Swedish Blue I’m surprised you were given an hour as your required to have it on you when driving ( think that includes driving a transit where tacho fitted or not as your still driving for reward )

dozy:

mrginge:

dozy:

Ours are checked electronically,but since I lost my wallet containing my driving lisense I’ve stopped carrying them with me ,was told the other day by depot boss if I can’t produce them at the request of cops/ vosa etc I will be fined ,I just wondered if that was the case

No it’s not true. While it is an offence not to produce your licence to an officer on request the first step in dealing with the offence is the issuing if a HO/RT1 form, a ‘Producer’, which gives you 7 days to take your licence to the police station you specify.

Many police forces actually advise against carrying your documents, licence, insurance, MOT, in your vehicle due to the risk of theft and the possible implications of things like identity theft.