Dartford tunnel crash

Why would you even sit side by side to another truck through there?
Yes I know it’s allowed but it’s just silly.
Any idea what he’s run into the back of to cause the damage?

Hero HGV drivers should be banned from overtaking in the tunnel as with roadworks… For the sake of a few mph just sit there and accept your fate and career choice.
Looks like hero Stobart ran out of talent clipped the concrete then hit truck on nearside, both doing virtually the same speed ground to a halt.

In order to avoid this just use the middle pedal.

m1cks:
Any idea what he’s run into the back of to cause the damage?

2 other trucks…

It comes after one of the Dartford tunnels was shut following the crash just before 1pm involving four lorries.

kentonline.co.uk/dartford/ne … ash-20266/

thought the second lane was 7.5t■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

tango boy:
thought the second lane was 7.5t■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Think you may be correct, never used that lane tbh so have not taken a lot of notice. Actually, thinking about it I seem to think that it’s only lane two of the east (closest to the sea) bore that is weight restricted. I stand to be corrected though.

Sally did announce earlier that charges have been temporarily suspended too.

tango boy:

Only the Western bore has a weight restriction on the outside lane, the Eastern bore does not.

7.5 weight limit on both tunnel right hand lanes

wheelnutt:

tango boy:

Only the Western bore has a weight restriction on the outside lane, the Eastern bore does not.

Ok thanks. Still sad to see :cry:

Going by the picture, looks like both have damage to the front, how the heck do 2 lorries rear end 2 other ones simultaneously.

wheelnutt:

tango boy:

you’re wrong the Bore furthest from the Bridge(western) has 7.5t in the outside lane, the Bore closest to the bridge(eastern) is 3.5t in the outside lane!

tango boy:

wheelnutt:

tango boy:

Ok thanks. Still sad to see :cry:

Just tin damage and bruised egos.

jamiep1988:

wheelnutt:

tango boy:

you’re wrong the Bore furthest from the Bridge(western) has 7.5t in the outside lane, the Bore closest to the bridge(eastern) is 3.5t in the outside lane!

You sure? I stand corrected then. I don’t think I have ever taken the Eastern bore.

So what the heck was the Stobart and the lorry in front doing in a weight restricted lane and how did both the Laser and the Stobrat rear end the ones in front at the same time, they both appear to have frontal damage going by the pic.

wheelnutt:

jamiep1988:

wheelnutt:

tango boy:

You sure? I stand corrected then. I don’t think I have ever taken the Eastern bore.

So what the heck was the Stobart and the lorry in front doing in a weight restricted lane and how did both the Laser and the Stobrat rear end the ones in front at the same time, they both appear to have frontal damage going by the pic.

I live down the road and commuted through them for 3.5 years so yeah I’m sure lol also the yard i work out of is on 2 miles down the road and regularly go through there in a lorry

god knows how that accident occurred!! hopefully they’ve got enough camera’s to get conclusive evidence of who’s at fault there!

Just because the Stobart lorry has come to rest in the outside lane does not mean it was driving in that lane. Possibly made a last-minute avoiding action to the right.

Cosmic:
Just because the Stobart lorry has come to rest in the outside lane does not mean it was driving in that lane. Possibly made a last-minute avoiding action to the right.

But he wouldn’t need to take avoiding action to the right if he was in the nearside lane and keeping a safe distance from the vehicle in front, surely?

Cosmic:

You may be on to something, his nearside did sustain more damage and the trailer is slighly skewed also.

Regardless of what happened, last minute avoiding action means that he was travelling too close to the vehicle in front to start with.

I reckon a bit of P38 will sort it

Maybe two trucks crashed in front crashed, the laser stopped just, but because of the fuel spill and a down hill slope the eddie which has its tag down so u would think loaded, could not stop swerved but could not stop it in time. Or 4 rubbish drivers went in a tunnel and none came out.