Tang and yoke

why do the irish call a lorry a yoke,and what is a tang / :question: :question:

A tang is an irish driver generaly from the north. Will wear a check shirt jeans and polished brown dealer bootss and scania bomber jacket in the summer a scania t shirt can be worn.
He will drive a v8 scania topline with six roof mounted spotlamps and four at the bottom. It will have the full frilly curtain and led scania griffin logo on the back wall. He will pull a fridge trailer which he will call a frigo.
He will do northern ireland to mainland uk which he will call the bean five trips every two weeks and will do two laps of the parking lot when arriving and leaving using as many gear changes and blip the throttle between every gear change.
They will spend the summer months with likeminded individuals at truckshows with there trucks which they will send half the night revving the nuts out of the engine and blasting the air horns.
These drivers come in english welsh and scotish too.

They will have the scania 143 song by triaxle as there ringtone too.

kr79:
A tang is an irish driver generaly from the north. Will wear a check shirt jeans and polished brown dealer bootss and scania bomber jacket in the summer a scania t shirt can be worn.
He will drive a v8 scania topline with six roof mounted spotlamps and four at the bottom. It will have the full frilly curtain and led scania griffin logo on the back wall. He will pull a fridge trailer which he will call a frigo.
He will do northern ireland to mainland uk which he will call the bean five trips every two weeks and will do two laps of the parking lot when arriving and leaving using as many gear changes and blip the throttle between every gear change.
They will spend the summer months with likeminded individuals at truckshows with there trucks which they will send half the night revving the nuts out of the engine and blasting the air horns.
These drivers come in english welsh and scotish too.

Another TrucknetUK classic and 100% true :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing:

Brilliant :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lol
Whats a bean?

seth 70:
why do the irish call a lorry a yoke

They call any miscellaneous object a yoke. It’s like a thingy, wotsit or doofer.

Because they used them as fifth wheels in the olden days

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, “yoke” is any sort of object & has been for as long as I can remember.

The description of a Tang is hilarious & so very true.

there seems to be alot more younger drivers for the irish firms who are allways dressed smart never in scruffy uniforms with black hivis vests on ,but they all look like they could do with a good kip.

A ‘tang’ is the part of a knife that goes into the handle.

seth 70:
there seems to be alot more younger drivers for the irish firms who are allways dressed smart never in scruffy uniforms with black hivis vests on ,but they all look like they could do with a good kip.

And 47 redbull cans fall out of the cab when they open the door :laughing: :laughing:

Drift:
Because they used them as fifth wheels in the olden days

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I actually thought the term was Tan and Yoke as per the picture referring to the tan cattle used with the yoke used for pulling or ploughing in the real early days

We also drink Guinness and play Gaelic football :angry:

Bean is like us calling them all Paddy or Mick :laughing:

I always refer to my lorry as a yoke. For me it comes from having grown up on a farm and contracting and every tractor is a yoke. And every trailer a trolley.

Chap I work with refers to everything as a yoke.

I like the description of a tang.

Apart from the Scania merchandise it sorta describes me

I haul a fridge about. Wear decent clothes, polish my boots once a week. Not so much the check shirts.

Tipper Tom:
I always refer to my lorry as a yoke. For me it comes from having grown up on a farm and contracting and every tractor is a yoke. And every trailer a trolley.

Chap I work with refers to everything as a yoke.

I like the description of a tang.

Apart from the Scania merchandise it sorta describes me

I haul a fridge about. Wear decent clothes, polish my boots once a week. Not so much the check shirts.

I calls em yoke and rulley

Love the definition of a ‘tang’ lol :smiley:

Bean is short for Beano or Beanmuncher,a derogatory term for English drivers who tend to order all their meals with Heinz’s finest :laughing:

I thought it’s cos there will

Beano speeding
Beano running bent
Beano fun
Beano point being a driver before long with all the sodding rules and regs