I thought it’s cos there will

Beano speeding
Beano running bent
Beano fun
Beano point being a driver before long with all the sodding rules and regs

thats a tumble weed moment ,get your coat :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No I honest to god thought that’s why they call us Beanos

kr79:
A tang is an irish driver generaly from the north. Will wear a check shirt jeans and polished brown dealer bootss and scania bomber jacket in the summer a scania t shirt can be worn.
He will drive a v8 scania topline with six roof mounted spotlamps and four at the bottom. It will have the full frilly curtain and led scania griffin logo on the back wall. He will pull a fridge trailer which he will call a frigo.
He will do northern ireland to mainland uk which he will call the bean five trips every two weeks and will do two laps of the parking lot when arriving and leaving using as many gear changes and blip the throttle between every gear change.
They will spend the summer months with likeminded individuals at truckshows with there trucks which they will send half the night revving the nuts out of the engine and blasting the air horns.
These drivers come in english welsh and scotish too.

Brilliant !!

Deeireland:
Lol
Whats a bean?

English drivers are Beano’s … and from what I’ve seen you eat baked beans with everything !!! Not that there’s nothing wrong with baked beans … lol !!!

Got no checked shirt but like my ‘yoke’ I’m clean and tidy and clean my boots (although it’s trainers when I’m driving :laughing: ) … :wink:

Keep her lit boys !!!

macplaxton:

seth 70:
why do the irish call a lorry a yoke

They call any miscellaneous object a yoke. It’s like a thingy, wotsit or doofer.

I can confirm this, despite being English. Alternatively, lad.

Kr79 not bad effort but I suspect you had the exact definition below when you where compiling:

"word : tang
define:
Male aged 18-28, living in north Armagh area, more psychically someone who drinks in The Famous Grouse Bar. These young men can be noticed by a Scania jacket (use to be a McElveney jacket only but in more recent years they have diversified and the jackets will have a company website on back with a Scania badge on the front right breast), a Ben shearman shirt, a Brown belt, denim jeans and a pair of super Hampton boots.
Before they gain there HGV licences they shall have done at least one season of Silags harvesting (or as they will say “the grass”). In my day there first car would have been a 306 sporting a CB Ariel (think it a golf they use now).
In the summer months they can be found at most major truck shows, they seem to hunt in packs as there is normally a number of them together, listening to Garth brooks and tri axel music. Alought there may be 7-8 of their lorries in a small area they like to congregate in on single cab sometime up to 12 of them at a time. (Bewared and be careful whilst passing them as one wrong move could lead to copious amounts of unprovoked verbal slagging to any passer by, it’s the tang equivalent to the travellers “grabbing”).
There truck, will by a V8 Scania Topline. It will have a top bar with 6 spot light, 4 spots in the visor, tassel curtains and a side pipe. A true tang will only do English fridge work and do 5 trips every two weeks. His fridge of choice will be a twin vap stepframe Gerry Adams (Grays and Adadms). "

I’m sure milkchurns will be along soon to add to this definition

Hope this clears the matter up :slight_smile:

I had seen it they were the bits i could remember. You dont get many in my line of work its to dirty on the shoes.

Oh and lots of talk of how he keeps her lit or full of the pipe coming down the road from the boat cant remember the number of the road

Drift:

seth 70:
there seems to be alot more younger drivers for the irish firms who are allways dressed smart never in scruffy uniforms with black hivis vests on ,but they all look like they could do with a good kip.

And 47 redbull cans fall out of the cab when they open the door :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL!!! :grimacing:
So very true!! :wink:

Don’t forget the “spare” digi card in the name of the mothers 2nd cousin who’s a brickie!!!

kr79:
and will do two laps of the parking lot when arriving and leaving using as many gear changes and blip the throttle between every gear change.

+1 this!

Go on youtube,type in TWO TANGS or HITLER AND THE TANGS,enjoy :laughing:

GOG47:

ive just watched it .the tangs on the 75 aswell,that really really funny :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh my god!! Reading these posts,I’ve just realised I’m a Tang!! No checked shirts though! But Scania tee-shirts,or Scania power polo shirts,a Scania belt,I polish my work boots daily and my"yoke" is a 620 Scania,yes 6 lights up top,4 in the lower grille and 4 in the sun visor,but,and here lies the problem,I’m English and 70!!!

joeshell:
Oh my god!! Reading these posts,I’ve just realised I’m a Tang!! No checked shirts though! But Scania tee-shirts,or Scania power polo shirts,a Scania belt,I polish my work boots daily and my"yoke" is a 620 Scania,yes 6 lights up top,4 in the lower grille and 4 in the sun visor,but,and here lies the problem,I’m English and 70!!!

never to old to be a tang joe

Number 1 thing about being a Tang you have to be able to shout “HEY BAI” (pronounced “Hay Bye”) very VERY loudly :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Big Truck:
Number 1 thing about being a Tang you have to be able to shout “HEY BAI” (pronounced “Hay Bye”) very VERY loudly :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

is that meant to mean hello or goodbye :question: :question: :question:

Here I am,thanks for waiting brothers. Here is a story I put together last week which should sum a tang up for your

when god made a tang
The lord created a truck driver and is sixth day over time when an angel appeared and said hey boss you doing a lot of fuppin about on this one.
And the lord said “have you seen the spec on this order”?
This is a tang spec.He will wear shiny pair of super hampton boots. These will enhance his driving abilities. He will be fitted with night vision eyes which enables him to overtake on blind corners on the 75 and the 41.

The TANG spec will run on red bull,coffee and pro plus tablets and smoke 24 volt ■■■■. This will help him stay awake twice the length of a normal driver. When you meet this tang on the road you will be greeted with “well tang”

He has to be able to live in his truck 24hrs 7 days a week. His truck will be fitted with Tang curtains pulled over the drivers window till you can just barely see the mirrors. He will carry a picture of his truck for those lonely moments in his bunk.

A Tang uniform would include a scania jacket, a pair of jeans, he will wear a check sayst and will be fitted with a gold chain around the neck. But the chain is not a requirement but the brown boots is a must. These boots would founder you this weather.

The Angel slowly shook her head and said " brown fuppin boots" “no way”

“Its not the boots that’s causing me problems” said the lord. Its the v8 pants, jocks and socks he will wear

“Is that on the standard Tang model?” Asked the angel
The lord nodded

The Tang model will make up a story about how he got one over on the Vosa/RSA. He will tell you about the time he explained the law to them only better. Despite all he says his no.1 priority when looking for a job is not the pay. He will be more concerned about the cylinder layout of the truck.

" lord"said the angel. Touching his sleeve. " rest and work on it tomarrow

The lord said I can’t. I already have a model that can drive 500 miles a day, without incident and can raise a family of 5 without seeing them on 25 cent a mile. Running on black coffee and half eaten crap food from services.

The angel circled the Tang model truck driver very slow and ask " can it think?"

You bet said the lord. Before he gain his HGV licence he shall have done at least one season of silages or as he will call it “the grass”. In the summer months they can be found at most truck shows. The will hunt in packs as there will be a number of them together. The will so learn the art of " rolling 45’s,the bang and on the wire.

The Tang spec can reverse past the beano down the a75. Knows all the drivers on the road. " cards" don’t mind them, he will know where the Vosa/RSA are. He will tell you about the time the Vosa made him coffee. When on a boat he will be found in the VIP lounge playing pool with the cattle boys.

Finally the angel ran her finger over the boots of the tang spec… Brown boots? I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model.

The lord says. The boots are for when he goes outside of this island. He can be picked out by fellow tangs without opening his mouth… Others will know that he is a native of Ireland. You will be amazed how easy it will be to spot a fellow countryman by his boots.

The tang will water his tang gear for fallen comrades, for commitment to that piece of cloth called the uniform

GOG47:

The fella that put that together is some boyo.

Yoke (n): a thing (pass me that yoke) or (ya ■■■■■■ yoke

HEY BAI= hello boy,see also HY HOSS,normal Tang greeting :laughing: