Radclive transport

bestbooties:
I’m sure I mentioned on another thread,that Simon International finished up with the F12 roadtrain,registration *** OWL.
Black John drove it for some time and on one trip was going to Baghdad via Syria.
Going down the hill towards Damascus,he ran out of brakes,(I think he may well have been double loaded),and rolled the drag on the exit slip where we used to turn off passed the sugar beet factory for Iraq.
He was loaded for the ice cream factory in Badhdad with cocoa butter,managed to get the whole load signed for and picked up the damged drag on the way home.The rig finished up here at Stoke,but before we could put it back on the road,things were coming to an end and it was sold at auction.
But before this,I was asked to fly out to Greece to recover one of SI’s F89 roadtrains that was in the Yugo customs on the Greek border at Gevgelia when someone had dumped it after a trailer wheel bearing had collapsed.
I flew out to Athens and was met by Black John in the ex Radclive’s roadtrain,and we drove it between us up to Gevgelia so I could get the F89 road train mobile and back home.

There you go Bestbooties,another story for your book!

Take it easy,

David :laughing: