Individual assessments for diabetics, (major edit)

Now i have stopped dancing round the room i can reply to this properly :smiley:

I was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic in Jan 1999 and my license was revoked in the February, at the time I was working for a company doing UK and International general haulage sometimes away for 3 to 4 weeks at a time and absolutely loving it even though we were sometimes burning the candle at both ends to make time critical deliveries to both airports and boats.

When I lost my class 1 I was devastated, not only did I lose my job I also lost my way of life and my marriage, my wife at the time was used to me being away and when I was suddenly at home 24/7 we found out we were not so compatible as we first thought, saying that though i am now married to a great woman, with 4 lovely children, so that part was a blessing in disguise :smiley:

What this ruling would mean to me ?

Having been brought up in the passenger seat of a lorry, all I have ever wanted to do is drive artics, the day that I passed my class1 was one of the happiest days of my life, the day that it was revoked was one of the saddest. Although I drive a top spec 7.5 tonner there is not much work around for it and the boss would probably trade it in for another artic, which in the long run would mean more income for me and my family and also more space to bling it up a bit :wink: lol

This blood in my diesel stream really ■■■■■■ me off sometimes :laughing: