Bought a few Trucking Magazins 2day

one you may not read here states on Page 2
Bosses ignorant of Agency Driver rights
the talk is about the new Regulation which puts Agency driver to the Level of employees,after 3 Month (12 week)

the other is that Driver with Diabetes type 2 may lose the Driving License if they dont use the new Medical Form and tick if they check twice a day there Blood Sigar Level.
The licence may be lost till DVLA has checked back for that.
On newest D4 form tick Question 3.3 :exclamation:

Re the diabetes, it only asks if the driver checks twice a day, it’s a simple yes or no answer with no further implications as far as I can see. Not all type 2 diabetics check daily blood levels - me included as mine is diet controlled, I am just checked every 12 months.

brados:
Re the diabetes, it only asks if the driver checks twice a day, it’s a simple yes or no answer with no further implications as far as I can see. Not all type 2 diabetics check daily blood levels - me included as mine is diet controlled, I am just checked every 12 months.

You are right mate, i too am type 2 diabetic and have been diet controlled for 4 years my blood sugar levels are checked yearly. The DVLA medical branch only require notification if you start medication and depending on the medication it will not affect your entitlement for class C or C&E.

mfm

brados:

Correct,it’s a question,not a requirement,and as our practice nurse says,those testing tabs for the blood test meter aren’t cheap and any saving is worthwhile.
I’ve given up checking mine daily as it’s so consistant.
Likewise with the cuts in everything these days,because my blood glucose is so stable my blood tests that used to be every 3 months have now been stretched to every 6 months,and since I lost one and a half stones 18 months ago,my blood/glucose level is below diabetic levels.
When I go for my HGV medical I take a printout of my last blood test to satisfy the doc.but always tick the yes box for type 2 diabetes,diet controlled.
I think if they stopped all type 2 drivers from working,then we REALLY would have a driver shortage!
My eyes and feet still get checked every 12 months as before.

There is still this big delay in DVLA implementing the Euro rules for Type 1 diabetics in this land and it seems the buggers are starting to mess with type 2’s now.

Lovlyperson:
one you may not read here states on Page 2
Bosses ignorant of Agency Driver rights
the talk is about the new Regulation which puts Agency driver to the Level of employees,after 3 Month (12 week)

the agency’s just give you a 3 month contract so you are never there long enough to get same rights

Yep,or,they book you every second Week on another Place in,and you back where it started :bulb:

Lovlyperson:
Yep,or,they book you every second Week on another Place in,and you back where it started :bulb:

Precisely!