Licence revoked due to diabetes

can anyone share any details on this as in time scale from revocation to reinstatement of C+E, procedures, obligations etc etc etc?

How long is a very long piece of string?
Once revocation has taken place they seem to move at a snails pace, 18 months in my case over a blip concerning a heart check up.
Best of luck and some advice I can give you is to keep harrasing the medical section whenever the ball is in their court, and enlist the help of your MP who will also get on the case.

not me but thanks anyway.

there is a question mark over this though. last week a guy is taken off a contract and he is apparently clear to go back to it on monday. the client certainly isnt convinced and they are very strict. DVLA checks are standard practice with newly introduced drivers. they are well aware of the reason that he was off this week so they will check if he is legal to drive a truck next week. to say they are dubious is a massive understatement

Take it the person concerned is on insulin injections? (Type 1 Diabetes). I was diagnosed
Type 2 Diabetes 6 years ago, treeatable by diet and tablet medication, wrote and informed
DVLA who replied No Problem, Inform us of any changes in your circumstances.

just gone onto insulin apparently which seems to be the crossing point between having and not having an HGV entitlement. i can only answer the question of whether or not i am back in next week and the answer raised all sorts of other questions about how the regular guy is able to go back when his licence was revoked a week ago. i obviously know nothing about him or his situation but i have to look at the bigger picture and be available to cover if needed but i dont know how likely that will be. if unlikely then i need to look for a different contract, if likely i want to decline other contracts. this isnt a big contract but its a good earner for me

If he’s had his licence revoked by the DVLA, it’ll be four months minimum, maybe he’s just under orders from a Doctor not to drive :question:

We have a driver going through this at the moment.

He had his licence revoked by DVLA last October, he finally got approval to have a medical 3 weeks ago, which he passed, and his Doctor wrote to the DVLA that day and on Friday he was told he would hear their decision in the next 6 weeks.

I believe they need at least 6 months of logged and reviewed checkups of insulin controlled type 2 before they’ll consider reissuing a license and it’s entitlements. But that’s just what I’ve heard in this case, can’t be sure if it applies to all or not.

scanny77:
just gone onto insulin apparently which seems to be the crossing point between having and not having an HGV entitlement. i can only answer the question of whether or not i am back in next week and the answer raised all sorts of other questions about how the regular guy is able to go back when his licence was revoked a week ago. i obviously know nothing about him or his situation but i have to look at the bigger picture and be available to cover if needed but i dont know how likely that will be. if unlikely then i need to look for a different contract, if likely i want to decline other contracts. this isnt a big contract but its a good earner for me

you don’t have a contract now so why do you need to look for another one

i also bin type 2 for bout 15 years never had a problem with dvla till my last renewal in nov last year they suddenly decided cos i was on gliclacide i needed another form signed by my doctor i had my medical done in my practice by the only doctor there who does em he filled in my meds on the form straight off my records on the practice system but this apparently not enough for em this took 6 weeks to process in that time i was driving on a letter they sent me saying i was legal 2 drive tho my licence expired went for a job while driving on said letter i could tell the guy thought it was dodgy he asked could he ring dvla fof confirmation i agreed then some woman there told him it was fine as long as i got a letter from my gp confirming i was ok to drive totally not true i think the the major problem is that now u are allowed to drive lgv as insulin user since last november the dvla have no idea how to cope with the law change chickens without heads etc was given licence after 12 weeks after being told i had 2 take blood suars twice daily while driving rubbish never ever had a hypo so diabetics cxpect more difficulty with license renewals as they havent got a clue

green456:

scanny77:

you don’t have a contract now so why do you need to look for another one

its a question of being available for this one or going to look for work elsewhere. if i accept a different contract then i wont cancel it. im assuming all is ok with this guys licence as i havent been contacted since friday. a few days off suits me anyway as its almost MOT time so i can concentrate on the car instead and i can afford the time off since the pre MOT wasnt as bad as expected. i will need to pay for some welding but i can trade a set of alloys for the tyres and that will get the car sorted