Driving styles in different European countries

Gidders:
When the covid crisis is over i intend to visit the site of my dad’s pow camp near Wroclaw in Poland then show my wife the scenic route via Slovenia and Italy back to Alicante.I know Italians are loonies behind the wheel but they aren’t offensive with it.As for Poland and Slovenia who can tell me what to expect?

I’ve been to Poland last week actually, I always quite enjoy it, certainly after they’ve improved their road netwerk, first time I went to Poland there was only one stretch of motorway from Poznan towards Frankfurt/Oder… The motorways are similar to the French ones including toll stations. National roads aren’t too bad either, you might bump into worn out roads in the bigger cities though, or even some cobbled stones patches but all in all it’s a pleasant drive. The drive style seems to be alright as well, apart from the ones that drive big Merc’s, BMW’s or Audi’s.

If you get a chance I strongly recommend that you visit Wroclaw, it’s got a very nice medieval town centre and there’s a very laid back atmosphere. And it doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg. When there, try to spot all the little statues spread around the city centre.

Can’t really remember much about Slovenia, from memory it wasn’t bad, but it’s been 13 years ago since I last drove up there… things might have changed a bit…