Speed limits question

Hi is there a speed limit on motorways at 80km in Belgium / holland / France.

80 km in Germany and The Nederlands. In Belgium and France its 90 km. On dual carriage ways in belgium you can only normally overtake between 1900 and 0700, watch out for the blue signs. Plus it is forbidden to overtake when its raining.

Thankyou! Shortly changing job so just wanted a refresher!

I think France is 80 when carrying ADR?

robinhood_1984:
I think France is 80 when carrying ADR?

it is

The Forest road from Bordeaux to the Spanish border at Irun is 80 kmh for ADR, it can be slow following one, as the road is patrolled a lot all day and night.

toby1234abc:
The Forest road from Bordeaux to the Spanish border at Irun is 80 kmh for ADR, it can be slow following one, as the road is patrolled a lot all day and night.

I thought that road now has a 80kmh limit and overtaking ban all the way to the Peage.

And the same on the Poitiers to Bordeaux national road.To make us use the toll road.

Motorways in France 90kms and I thought Belgium was 80kms■■?

jimboy124:
80 km in Germany and The Nederlands. In Belgium and France its 90 km. On dual carriage ways in belgium you can only normally overtake between 1900 and 0700, watch out for the blue signs. Plus it is forbidden to overtake when its raining.

80 km in Germany :open_mouth: I have never been pulled always sit at 90 every where pass police and bag at 90 too they don’t seem bothered now when you tailgate at under 50 m then they will get ■■■■■■ and stop you and can fine you in Austria upto 2700 € not sure what they fine you in germany

Mind out for the Gendarmarie, they hide in small gateways at the side of the toll roads, mainly at the bottom of a slope or big hill with the radar that can be as small as a Baked Bean tin, then they are waiting for you at the next service area with motorbike teams and also the Douanes like to lurk around where you least expect them to be, element of surprise.

sankev13:

jimboy124:

80 km in Germany :open_mouth: I have never been pulled always sit at 90 every where pass police and bag at 90 too they don’t seem bothered now when you tailgate at under 50 m then they will get [zb] and stop you and can fine you in Austria upto 2700 € not sure what they fine you in germany

Not sure why you have put a SHOCK smiley ■■ It is 80kph In Germany for trucks… You keep cracking on at 90 … and when it all goes ■■■■ up for you ( hope it doesn’t) you may not have
a leg to stand on … so to speak … ( insert winky emoticon) oh there it is … :wink: :wink:

truckertang:
Motorways in France 90kms and I thought Belgium was 80kms■■?

Belgium defo. 90 kmh…

jimboy124:

sankev13:

jimboy124:

80 km in Germany :open_mouth: I have never been pulled always sit at 90 every where pass police and bag at 90 too they don’t seem bothered now when you tailgate at under 50 m then they will get [zb] and stop you and can fine you in Austria upto 2700 € not sure what they fine you in germany

Not sure why you have put a SHOCK smiley ■■ It is 80kph In Germany for trucks… You keep cracking on at 90 … and when it all goes ■■■■ up for you ( hope it doesn’t) you may not have
a leg to stand on … so to speak … ( insert winky emoticon) oh there it is … :wink: :wink:

So why the blooming heck is my Truck (german ) limited to 90 k’s then just in case i go out of germany

sankev13:

jimboy124:

sankev13:

jimboy124:

So why the blooming heck is my Truck (german ) limited to 90 k’s then just in case i go out of germany

I am going to say it … your truck is limited to 90kph but the SPEED LIMIT in Germany is 80 kph … cga.ct.gov/2005/rpt/2005-R-0814.htm

Just because your Truck is German or is German registered has got naff all to do with it !!

jimboy124:

sankev13:

jimboy124:

sankev13:

jimboy124:

I am going to say it … your truck is limited to 90kph but the SPEED LIMIT in Germany is 80 kph … cga.ct.gov/2005/rpt/2005-R-0814.htm

Just because your Truck is German or is German registered has got naff all to do with it !!

The speed limit for trucks on motorways in the UK is 60 mph. Up until about 17 years ago, there were NO speed limiters fitted. We could (and sometimes did) do 70 mph or more, if we felt like it.

muckles:

toby1234abc:

I thought that road now has a 80kmh limit and overtaking ban all the way to the Peage.

Correct it is 80kmh 24 hours a day ALL TRUCKS from poitiers to Irun peage and as quoted earlier very well patroled

still 90 from aire de bedenac up to the rocade and from benesse-maremne up to the border

Simon:

jimboy124:

sankev13:

jimboy124:

sankev13:

jimboy124:

The speed limit for trucks on motorways in the UK is 60 mph. Up until about 17 years ago, there were NO speed limiters fitted. We could (and sometimes did) do 70 mph or more, if we felt like it.

Oh happy days they were :laughing: