France In Flames!

Franglais:

Mazzer2:
On the trade negotiations the phrase easiest in history was used by the right wing press printing what their readers wanted to hear in the same way the left wing press prints what it’s readers want to hear again all newspapers do this otherwise their readers would move to other publications, I am not supporting it but that is the way of newspapers they have to sell copies otherwise like all business’s they will cease to trade and regardless of your views fewer newspapers is a bad thing.

Farage BBC 20/09/16
“To me, Brexit’s easy. We have back British passports, we have control of our fishing waters, and our companies are not subject to EU law through the single market.”
and May 2019
“I made one absolute promise in that campaign. We will be in control, for good or for bad, I never promised it would be a huge success, I never said it would be a failure, I just said we’d be in control.”

Johnson March 2016
“Everybody is suddenly wrangling about the terrors of the world outside… Actually, there are plenty of people who now think the cost of getting out would be virtually nil and the cost of staying in would be very high.”
July 2017
“There is no plan for no deal, because we’re going to get a great deal.”

Gove 06/05/2016
“The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want.”
01/06/2016
“We have four years more or less between now and date of next election. We can easily conclude a new settlement with EU in that period”
Davis 14/07/16
“There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside”

Fox 20/07/2017 the classic
“But of course we want to come to a full and comprehensive deal with the European Union. Why? Because it’s good for the people of Britain and it’s good for our economy and it’s good for the consumers and it’s good for the workers of Europe and their economy. If you think about it, the free trade agreement that we will have to come to with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history.”

Others available of course.
Printed by many papers, said by those named politicians.

Can`t resist these little reminders though:
Nuttall
“It will be easy to negotiate a trade deal, and of course, it’s in the European Union’s interest, just as it is in ours.”
Batten
trade relations with the EU could be sorted out “in an afternoon over a cup of coffee”
Carswell
“I think we could very easily get a better trade deal than we have at the moment”
Matthew Elliott, Vote Leave CE:
November 2016:
“It’s actually quite a simple deal… They have a pretty comprehensive plan for what they want to negotiate once they’ve triggered Article 50. I’m very confident still that by the end of March, Article 50 will be triggered.”
March 2017
“All the problems that you traditionally have with a trade negotiation aren’t there.”

Enough I’m out you’ve turned what could have been a half decent discussion into press bias into a rant about BREXIT we all know your views on that and so no further discussion is needed