Compensation for diversions

How about starting a campaign for compensation to companies having to divert because of motorway closures. The authorities have a very high handed way of closures which are usually not needed, with HSE gone over the top. the duty of care to road users is completely overlooked, if companies started to claim say £2.00 per diverted mile, i think a decent lawyer would win for a claim,maybe there would not be so many closures.

:laughing:

You mean the same way that Network Rail claim £000s for bridge strikes by half wits

Something I’ve thought people.should .
As got stuck about year ago on m6 roadworks. Basically the overnight works overran into the day time and we’ll into the morning rush hour… I think some.machine had broke down during the night

Everyware around stoke was at a standstill wasted about 2 hours . And I thought should be able to claim . As not my fault works overran. And I’m.getting grief for arriving late. My drop was someware down south…tried explain what happened at stoke but becsaue not near them they don’t care

edd1974:
As got stuck about year ago on m6 roadworks. Basically the overnight works overran into the day time and we’ll into the morning rush hour… I think some.machine had broke down during the night

Everyware around stoke was at a standstill wasted about 2 hours . And I thought should be able to claim . As not my fault works overran. And I’m.getting grief for arriving late. My drop was someware down south…tried explain what happened at stoke but becsaue not near them they don’t care

Did you explain to the wherehouse staff at your delivery what had happened?

Mick Bracewell:

edd1974:

Did you explain to the wherehouse staff at your delivery what had happened?

Yes I did the office knew as well. But basically because delivery was Luton way. They obv don’t care about traffic hundred miles away.

But for something like that . There. Machine breaking down causing delays. You should be able to claim loss. Of earnings

edd1974:

A 4isky approach. Imagine a truck breaking down causing a delay, how that would work each time?