Surprise, surprise

dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a … -toll.html

they are using a foreign debt recovery company, its the same one that TFL use to collect the congestion charge, from what I have been told they have a very high success rate. any charges they make are pass on to the debtor. I expect you will find that a lot of haulage companies abroad wont even know their driver has even gone across until they receive a letter from the debt recovery company and will pay up straight away.

That’s shocking!!!

I didn’t realise people still read the Daily Mail

^^^ Oh I do.

Who would have thought that’d happen? :unamused:

The collection of monies owing from foriegn companies can be solved easier than thought

Although it seems “unfair” if certain users are getting away with regularly not paying, if the lost revenue is less than the cost of running the manned tollbooths for 16 hours a day, then the government aren’t loosing any income from the new system.

It’s still too early to see how it’ll settle out in the long run in terms of how many pay on account, how many pay one-off, how many pay penalty charges, and how many don’t ever pay.

Dont blame them to be honest, the Dartford crossing is a total disaster, never would you see queues like that at a toll stations in Europe.

Just another way in which the British government is driving the haulage industry into the ground.

How is the traffic flowing through there now? it’s a long time since I ventured that way and just wondered, any queues or pretty good?

£2.50,that has to be for cars not hgvs,hgvs are probably more,i don’t know as I have not been across there for around two years,also love that part about freeflow,did make me laugh,all I hear on the radio since the booths were taken away is jams from 4/3 M25 to the tunnel on a regular basis

It’s not just foreigners they fail to collect from;

We sent 3x artics and a van southbound last Monday and they returned Friday/Saturday; 1x artic was not charged at all, and the van was only charged one way. And yes, they are all registered on the prepay scheme!

GCR2ERF:
It’s not just foreigners they fail to collect from;

We sent 3x artics and a van southbound last Monday and they returned Friday/Saturday; 1x artic was not charged at all, and the van was only charged one way. And yes, they are all registered on the prepay scheme!

What times did they use the crossing though?

Approx. 08:30 going down, 11:30 coming back (which was actually a Sunday)