How do you make money on Amazon Relay?

Franglais:

coiler:
These are not even backload rates, they’re suicide rates in the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Better off saving time and getting back for a paying load.
Unless you have too many trucks and not enough good work.

That rate’s only if you turn up with a double deck so they can get more on. A standard trailer is 1/2 as much. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I had an email off amazon this morning (Sunday) the first one I’ve had with a “critical” load that hadn’t been covered.
It was from Manchester to Rochester. Now I’m not that proficient at decoding their emails, and there was a seemingly load reference on it that could have meant something special and it could have had a special rate on that job, but when I had a look at the load board it did indeed have a load from Manchester to Rochester.
It paid £274.
I logged off the computer and got back to eating my bacon sandwich.

coiler:
I had an email off amazon this morning (Sunday) the first one I’ve had with a “critical” load that hadn’t been covered.
It was from Manchester to Rochester. Now I’m not that proficient at decoding their emails, and there was a seemingly load reference on it that could have meant something special and it could have had a special rate on that job, but when I had a look at the load board it did indeed have a load from Manchester to Rochester.
It paid £274.
I logged off the computer and got back to eating my bacon sandwich.

Blooming heck [emoji47] my boss gets paid more fore taking a load of timber from Rochester to Southampton

These were Amazons offerings yesterday

Erith to weybridge £132.38
Peterbourgh to Swansea £220.63 by there own admission £1 per mile

How? Why?

Park em up, tax off, insurance fire and theft and furlough the driver.

hoty2008:

Peterbourgh to Swansea £220.63 by there own admission £1 per mile

How? Why?

Park em up, tax off, insurance fire and theft and furlough the driver.

Exactly

hoty2008:

Peterbourgh to Swansea £220.63 by there own admission £1 per mile.

That’s scandalous! Seriously I was running a LWB Sprinter for them rates back in 2000.

A wise man once said to me “anyone can be a busy fool”, how true was that?

Jesus wept, those rates don’t even cover a proper wage for the driver.

So - todays loads on the Amazon board - Warrington to Dunfirmline.

How much?

Wait for it…

£217.81

Please tell me that’s for a hotshot in a Transit connect sized van? Somehow I doubt it though.

the maoster:
Please tell me that’s for a hotshot in a Transit connect sized van? Somehow I doubt it though.

Nope, an artic.

Does anyone here who is working for Amazon and have on time performance score higher then 90%. I have been told that the higher the score the more money you got for Amazon loads. Could some one confirm if it is true? At the end of the day how companies like stobart, slam, maritime with all new unit making any money with them.

hated Amazon even before this…never used them greedy ■■■■■■■!

I did a run last year for stobarts, Manchester to bathgate.
Full size artic, only 5 pallets on board, ran back empty…
Busy fools

Wally Webb:
We’ve got one lorry and got on there OK.

Does that cost to register with amazon rely to look at the loads and rates thanks

gill00358:

Wally Webb:
We’ve got one lorry and got on there OK.

Does that cost to register with amazon rely to look at the loads and rates thanks

No it doesn’t cost anything. If you’re feeling a bit down in the dumps log in and look at the rates they’re offering, it will soon cheer you up. It’s an overly complicated for below cost price jobs.

imnobody:
I go through Platinum Freight Services, they give £500 a day even if loads are cancelled. most of the time I’m travelling really light or empty even with DD’ers. so 5 day tour £2500. pretty good and better than what containers give you.

What’s the minimum 44t makes in a week as gross…

I know an owner who’s bought a 15k ren premium and it on Amazon and claims he’s making 1k a week profit that’s after paying the driver and fuel.

red7jase:
I know an owner who’s bought a 15k ren premium and it on Amazon and claims he’s making 1k a week profit that’s after paying the driver and fuel.

I can make 1k a week after wages and fuel. It’s the £850 per week standing charges for insurance, tax, rent, maintenance etc. Etc. that kills it.

Maybe amazon pay more on contract work than ad hoc work. As I’m driving a lot more at the minute, every amazon depot I go past has tractor units on all the roads around the area with their curtains shut in the middle of the day.

coiler:

red7jase:

I can make 1k a week after wages and fuel. It’s the £850 per week standing charges for insurance, tax, rent, maintenance etc. Etc. that kills it.

Maybe amazon pay more on contract work than ad hoc work. As I’m driving a lot more at the minute, every amazon depot I go past has tractor units on all the roads around the area with their curtains shut in the middle of the day.

It pays or did pay roughly about 450 a shift. And that was with 2 companies between us and amazon. When we eventually got a contact direct they wanted us to quote on a shift rate + pence per mile. When we did give them the price which was obviously more than we were already getting they basically laughed at us and came back with a silly figure which just wasn’t realistic.

So some hauliers somewhere must have the right rate and then share it out from there.

It’s all night shifts and when we did it for the few weeks we basically were running empty trailers round or would only have 1/2 pallets on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halfers:

coiler:

red7jase:

It pays or did pay roughly about 450 a shift. And that was with 2 companies between us and amazon. When we eventually got a contact direct they wanted us to quote on a shift rate + pence per mile. When we did give them the price which was obviously more than we were already getting they basically laughed at us and came back with a silly figure which just wasn’t realistic.

So some hauliers somewhere must have the right rate and then share it out from there.

It’s all night shifts and when we did it for the few weeks we basically were running empty trailers round or would only have 1/2 pallets on.

How many miles did you do to get those £450 per shift?

Did you sub for the likes of Slam and Cross Water?