Leicester's Bygone's

robinswh:
This is known as a super B came legal early 1990 gross out to 63500 KG .load about 58000 litres gas or 47000 litres of diesel …not really a problem on ice except occasionally I would get a split load unload the pup first and go on to a second delivery then the rear end would lock up. Also with 2 5th wheels bend really nice I ve been into really tight gas stations with them. Reversing takes a bit to master but generally not necessary in this kind of work …easier than the old a trains
This photo was taken by me at Cluny alberta on indian land on the trans canada highway. This company lost a huge esso contract in 1993 went from over 30 trucks to about 8 a couple of years later sold out. This photo about 1990 tractor kenworth 425 bhp CAT in her 18 speed . I finished my driving career with another carrier

Interesting you should say that a B-train is easier than an A, I have heard this many times but as I have only driven A-triples myself I would have thought they were easier in a tight situation. This is because a drawbar swings the front of the drag wider thus following the preceding trailer/tractor more closely.

I would have thought. :slight_smile: But as I say, I have never driven a B, double or triple. :neutral_face:

Good looking no nonsense workhorse nevertheless. :wink: :slight_smile:

BTW, re thread drift, as a former captain of the Leicestershire Petanque Association petanque team, does that qualify me as a Leicester Bygone too? :laughing: