Nice place for breakfast [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ffs that looks so set up to me… :unamused:

If he had been a proper Euro driver, he would have fried his brekkie with his right hand while steering with his left, no need to park on the hard shoulder.
Obviously an amateur. :unamused:

robroy:
If he had been a proper Euro driver, he would have fried his brekkie with his right hand while steering with his left, no need to park on the hard shoulder.
Obviously an amateur. :unamused:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well he aint on the hard shoulder as he is parked in the works area or long load area adjacent to the hard shoulder on a straight bit of road so its a bit unfair to single him out for a fine when its now common practice for it to be used as a taliban meeting area.

a proper 2020 truckie would be sticking on the microwave and watch it cooking 5 mins before parking up anyway.
frying pans are just so 2019 nowadays.
being fair,you would be using that free hand wisely by buttering a couple of pieces before the micro dings?

Sorry :blush:
I’m a bit out of date now with Euro driver etiquette and practices mate, seeing as I’m just a UK only ama tooor these days. :smiley:
Maybe I’ll be a proper trucker again one day eh?. :laughing:

robroy:
Sorry :blush:
I’m a bit out of date now with Euro driver etiquette and practices mate, seeing as I’m just a UK only ama tooor these days. :smiley:
Maybe I’ll be a proper trucker again one day eh?. :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
just keep the clogs and the les routier sleeping bag handy,you never know the minute…and dont forget the cowskin wallet on the big chain. :wink:

Huddersfield Examiner went on to say;

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police said: “The driver of this HGV decided to stop on the hard shoulder to cook his breakfast. The driver has been issued paid and (sic) £50 roadside deposit and sent on his way.”

Stopping and driving on the hard shoulder is illegal for anything other than an emergency, or if directed to by police or traffic officers in uniform, or signs in the case of roadworks or an obstruction, or on a smart motorway if the hard shoulder has been opened to traffic.

Illegally using the hard shoulder can result in a £100 fine and three penalty points on your licence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:
well he aint on the hard shoulder as he is parked in the works area or long load area adjacent to the hard shoulder on a straight bit of road so its a bit unfair to single him out for a fine when its now common practice for it to be used as a taliban meeting area.
?

You have a very good point and in fact it is faintly possible that he is not even within the “highway boundary” as it’s called, although as it’s a motorway it probably is. We had a stolen truck recovered once from the entrance to Chester services and were charged for a motorway recovery. In fact chester services is private property from 1m into the entrance from the interchange (which is not on the motorway anyway). Got a nice refund :smiley: but neither plod nor the recovery people were best pleased :unamused: . As far as I understand, “proper” motorway services are part of the motorway but it is possible to check all this for a particular location on a website somewhere, the details of which elude me at the moment :frowning: .