MAN lion 500 edition

We’ve got one of these units on hire for a week or two. The MAN 500 edition. I just wondered what the general consensus on here was regarding the livery? Myself personally, I find it a bit tacky for an official MAN livery when you see it for real coupled to a black trailer, but I might be in the minority here. Just wondered what your thoughts were?

If it helps, the MAN logo glows red like Rudolph’s nose :smiley:

citycat:
We’ve got one of these units on hire for a week or two. The MAN 500 edition. I just wondered what the general consensus on here was regarding the livery? Myself personally, I find it a bit tacky for an official MAN livery when you see it for real, coupled to a black trailer, but I might be in the minority here. Just wondered what your thoughts were?

If it helps, the MAN logo glows red like Rudolph’s nose :smiley:

Red light to the front?
GV9, innit.

MAN bring out a new cab next year ( I’ve heard in July) , so they’re trying to get as many sales of the old cab before that date. I quite like it btw.

Lipstick…

On a pig which ever way you look at it.

As long as they keep fitting it with mirrors the size of a pool table and steering wheel the size of a dustbin lid, it’ll still be a runt.

I thought that the current MANs have the same basic interior layout since the introduction of the TGA (apart from the different graphics for the radio) and slightly curvier grille and front bumper design (a “botox” solution) that’s updated every three or four years.

MANs are not bad motors to drive (I drive a 15-plate bog-standard spec TGX with the XLX cab), but in my opinion, the interior design is now extremely dated. Also, they need to get rid of that steering wheel that’s bigger than the Testo’s roundabout! :unamused:

I always thought their logo was a wolf, not a lion [emoji23]

Shows how much attention I pay on the road…

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

That snarling face looks more like a man yakking up a bag of chips ,rather than a lion.its the sunken piggy eyes reminds me of men iv known over the years

To be fair, they’ve done a lot worse. Anyone remember those with the truly massively tall windscreens? Gave me acrophobia just sitting in it. How the heck coach drivers put up with it I’ll never know!

WhiteTruckMan:
To be fair, they’ve done a lot worse. Anyone remember those with the truly massively tall windscreens? Gave me acrophobia just sitting in it. How the heck coach drivers put up with it I’ll never know!

You get used to it.

Never made me scared of spiders though :stuck_out_tongue:

yourhavingalarf:
Lipstick…

On a pig which ever way you look at it.

As long as they keep fitting it with mirrors the size of a pool table and steering wheel the size of a dustbin lid, it’ll still be a runt.

At least it’s still got mirrors unlike the Actros [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Spoke to…

A driver last week driving a demonstrator Merc, he loved them and he’d been driving it two days.

What gets me about the MANs mirrors is surely during testing someone must have said ‘hey Jurgen, I can’t see a thing mit das grossen mirrors und der side of das cab’?

ok german is not my strong suit

yourhavingalarf:

blue estate:

Spoke to…

A driver last week driving a demonstrator Merc, he loved them and he’d been driving it two days.

What gets me about the MANs mirrors is surely during testing someone must have said ‘hey Jurgen, I can’t see a thing mit das grossen mirrors und der side of das cab’?

2 years of driving TGX’s you get use to them , and the wheel makes a nice iPad stand [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:

blue estate:

Spoke to…

Don’t sweat it. Just speak loudly and V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y and point a lot, and you’ll do just fine.

Oh, and don’t mention the war. I did it once, but I think I got away with it.

The most important question should be…
is the steering wheel still the size of the average planet??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m sure if they wanted they could replace the steering wheel with something similar in size to a computer mouse given that the power streering does all the hard work for you however I’d worry about hitting one of those potholes at 56mph and inadvertently going to full lock for a moment just long enough to change 5 lanes onto the opposite carriageway… I guess the size of the steering wheel gives you at least enough control to safely get it on the hard shoulder when the steering fluid drops below whatever level its supposed to be maintained at. Plus there loads of room un there for all the radio controls, cruise control and various others…

I think being german the steering wheel was designed so that if the power steering failed you could get enough purchase on the thing to get you out of the [emoji90][emoji90]

Toasty:
I always thought their logo was a wolf, not a lion [emoji23]

Shows how much attention I pay on the road…

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I always thought it was a dog

truckertang:
I think being german the steering wheel was designed so that if the power steering failed you could get enough purchase on the thing to get you out of the [emoji90][emoji90]

That’s what I was told and led to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueovalcraig:

truckertang:

That’s what I was told and led to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are Merc steering wheels all the same size?

Nah at Mercedes commercial they had an immigrant design the steering wheel…[emoji16][emoji16] i also think the suspension was designed by the same said immigrant in about 1928…[emoji106][emoji106]