New MAN

Looks the same to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smaller windscreen than the current xxl cab and looks like it could have bigger rear side windows but apart from that yeah it pretty much looks the same.

Like to see if they improved the interior.

bigvern1:
Like to see if they improved the interior.

The latest XXL is a step backwards. Lose one drawer from below dash. Lose the useful storage areas on the dash. Move the gearchange to the dash but leave the handbrake on a console. If you’re going to have a console might as well have storage/cup holders on it. Fridge has moved completely under bunk so a slight improvement there

Always annoyed me that MAN SV & SVR’s only came in Green or Sand colour.

A bit like Daf do they’ve been updating the driveline but will stick with the same cab frame but update it visually and revamp the interior.

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

Whilst those wardrobe door mirrors provide massive blind spots, in some ways i’m glad they haven’t changed them, if the photos are anything to go by.

In terrible weather they and the side windows stay remarkably clean, and i prefer the wide angle mirrors underneath main mirror to Scanias wide angle mirror uppermost design, the lower the wide angle is the better coverage you have for all those vehicles and cycles in the blind spot (that doesn’t actually exist in a modern lorry with proper set up mirrors by the way), those MAN mirrors offer some of the best clearest vision out there so any changes will have to be carefully tested in all sorts of ways.
The stay clean aspect might be due in no small way to that fold in the A pillar providing an effective gutter either side of the screen which makes water running off the screen have to run down to the bottom of the A pillar before it can be blown off, with other makes all the salty filth on the screen gets blown straight off the side of the screen and onto the mirrors and side windows.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it applies here, the cab is a decent all rounder.

To settle the debate on any and all MAN’s and to solve the age old ‘marmite-ness’ of the brand by those that have driven them, they fall into two categories…

Fleet gearbox and Profi gearbox, that’s it…

If you’ve driven the former you’ll hate them with a passion, if you’re lucky enough to drive the latter you’ll love them.

As for me, just been ‘upgraded’ to a shiny new one, only thing is I’ve gone from loving a 500 with Profi to loathing a 460 with Fleet… :frowning:

Reef:
To settle the debate on any and all MAN’s and to solve the age old ‘marmite-ness’ of the brand by those that have driven them, they fall into two categories…

Fleet gearbox and Profi gearbox, that’s it…

If you’ve driven the former you’ll hate them with a passion, if you’re lucky enough to drive the latter you’ll love them.

As for me, just been ‘upgraded’ to a shiny new one, only thing is I’ve gone from loving a 500 with Profi to loathing a 460 with Fleet… :frowning:

Just for for you Reef here’s a pic of my 18plt TGXXL 500 gear switch [emoji16][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
Just for for you Reef here’s a pic of my 18plt TGXXL 500 gear switch

Nice…

Here’s a pic of mine…

Image1.jpg

:laughing:

Photos removed.

^^^^ noooo, looks like the devils own electric parking brake.

But, is that a tiptronic gearbox type control the driver has his right mitt on?