Calling current MAN drivers

It’s a fairly open secret that there’s a new MAN long-haul truck coming out soon.

If you drive a current model, what do you hope they keep on the new model, and what would you like them to change?

Mirrors that…

Don’t obscure vans on roundabouts, a steering wheel that is less in diameter than my old dustbin lid, some decent bass speakers and put the handbrake on the dashboard.

Thanks!

There are 27 new MAN unit’s in the dealership in Irun, They are on their way to a promo shoot. They look like a DAF super space cab. They are all locked and when I tried to look inside last week the security man gave me the boot.

OwenMoney:
There are 27 new MAN unit’s in the dealership in Irun, They are on their way to a promo shoot. They look like a DAF super space cab. They are all locked and when I tried to look inside last week the security man gave me the boot.

Did you take any pics?

I’ve had a few in my time, the XXL versions.
I know they ain’t everybody’s cup of tea, but from a tramper’s point of view, you can’t beat them for living space imo.
Maybe it’s just that I associate them with my 2 favourite jobs and employers.
Looking forward to seeing the new model anyway.

Found this pic…

On the net.

1.bp.blogspot.com/-c4CPq30ffuw/ … shot_3.jpg

It does look a bit space cabby. Sadly, it seems those godawful pool table sized mirrors are still there.

n

As well as those mirrors the ride could be improved and a better steering lock as well as badly needed improvements to headlights (which are supposed to be greatly improved on the coming model), but all in all they ain’t a bad motor at all currently.
One small thing, set the indicator stalk up so the self cancelling pawl can be pulled back out of the way easily, given how low (or high depending on view) the steering is you can find yourself holding yon indicator on because its constantly trying to self cancel, most annoying for such a small thing but typically seem to be the most robust bit of plastic every fitted to any part of any lorry ever made.

Traxon is working well, i hope they keep the full option of manual shifting and don’t adopt Daf’s bloody annoying default back to auto eco mode.
Also hope comfort shift is back on the option table, Eaton Twin Split was a perfect partner to the free revving MAN engine back in the days of F90, possibly the best engine/box combo you could get ever drive, pity to hamper such good engines with automatic only.

yourhavingalarf:
Found this pic…

On the net.

It does look a bit space cabby. Sadly, it seems those godawful pool table sized mirrors are still there.

Can’t see any difference between that and the current model.

Juddian:

yourhavingalarf:
Found this pic…

On the net.

Can’t see any difference between that and the current model.

Yeh…

I’ll give you that.

This is the one that looks a bit space cabby.

Nope, still looks the same to me.

yourhavingalarf:
Found this pic…

On the net.

That’s the jobbie - 27 of them parked up all with new tilts with a picture of the lion on the sides and back.
Unfortunately I don’t have any piccies, and the same as last week, I will be in there in the dark in the morning .

yourhavingalarf:
Found this pic…

On the net.

Doesn’t look any different

Looks like the previous model, only sprayed with slurry…may be a disguise kit using old panels?

Looks like the xxl cab has binned the huge windscreen

spike78:

Thank god , I drive a XXl and it’s like a goldfish bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spike78:

Yuk that looks weird without the big screen no else does it though so I guess it’s just what your used to seeing

Looks fine to me, bet it’s a bloody good truck.
I hope our lot try them, if only to get rid of the Craptros. :smiley:

we have just returned a 3 year old 480 xxl that we had on lease . Apparently some “select” hauliers have been taken out to see the new type . When we asked if they would be available as a 6x2 with a 4.2 mt wheelbase we were told no only 3.9 mt . That closed the case for us as the 480 was an excellent truck olny let down by lack of space on the chassis for larger fuel tanks .