Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Frenchmen driving down through the Eastern Bloc. Superb footage.
youtu.be/MD_RkMDYa2w

Froggy55:

pv83:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
0Black and white…Oldies with bonnets.

What on Earth was initially this one? Certainly an ex-army truck, but wherefrom?

This one triggered my attention too Paul! If the cab is anything to go by, I would say it’s a German design…?

According to JF Colombet it’s an Einheitdiesel vehicle of the Wehrmacht. Type HWA 526 D powered by a 85 bhp 6-cyl diesel.

Cheers for the info Paul :wink: Does that mean I’ve won the cigar this time…?

[zb]
anorak:
Frenchmen driving down through the Eastern Bloc. Superb footage.
youtu.be/MD_RkMDYa2w

Interesting indeed! And in the first few minutes, there’s a Rynart Mack coming past… if my eyes don’t deceive me that is…

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . Saviem’s Fan Club . Mystery German Lorry . Page 260-261. Wednesday,11th September,2019. VALKYRIE.

REMEMBER 911 USA Tuesday,11th September,2001.

Froggy55:

PV83:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Black and white…Oldies with bonnets.

What on Earth was initially this one? Certainly an ex-army truck, but wherefrom?

This one triggered my attention too Paul! If the cab is anything to go by, I would say it’s a German design…?

According to JF Colombet it’s an Einheitdiesel vehicle of the Wehrmacht. Type HWA 526 D powered by a 85 bhp 6-cyl diesel.

The Mercedes-Benz Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw HWA 526D Einh 6x6 Lorry was a standardised Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw German Military - Army - Wehrmacht Lorry and was one of many produced by Mercedes-Benz and several other lorry manufacturers,such as Bussing-NAG,Henschel,Magirus,MAN.

Some German Nomenclature:-

E. or Einh = Einheits = Standardised design built by several lorry manufacturers.

Kw = Kraftwagen = Motor Vehicle.

I.E. = leicht = light.

Lkw = Lastkraftwagen = Lorry.

Mercedes-Benz Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw HWA 526D Einh,6-Cylinder 85 BHP Diesel-Oil - Engined,6x6,Tractive Unit - Dropside-Bodied,Articulated Lorry.Standardised Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw ex- German Wehrmacht Lorry. Fergie47. 4#

VALKYRIE

Second part of the video I linked above:
youtube.com/watch?v=aF95pFU4JFI&t=1336s
It ranks alongside Destination Doha, IMO.

The beauty of Youtube is that, if you watch one, it finds others for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=K_u6ZgKpfFs

Certainly most interesting and so typical of the late 1970s, including haircuts and moustaches!

[zb]
anorak:
Second part of the video I linked above:
youtube.com/watch?v=aF95pFU4JFI&t=1336s
It ranks alongside Destination Doha, IMO.

The beauty of Youtube is that, if you watch one, it finds others for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=K_u6ZgKpfFs

Thanks Anorak

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Froggy55:
Certainly most interesting and so typical of the late 1970s, including haircuts and moustaches!

Rumour has it that a certain man living in Brittany still looks like that!

Whoops…Whippersnapper, last week, didn’t want you all to know, so I said I’d keep it a secret. :blush: :unamused:

Fergie47:
Whoops…Whippersnapper, last week, didn’t want you all to know, so I said I’d keep it a secret. :blush: :unamused:

What’s wrong with that? That’s fast unloading for ya! Besides… couldn’t possibly be me… as that wagon is probably fitted with a manual gearbox…

Yesterday and today, the guy stood on his door step, his house is the one with the blue garage door, the old Citroen is parked where the cars are…Its a village I’ve been through a few time, near Morlaix.

Fergie47:

Is that a Ford Anglia I can see on the left hand corner of the picture?

Might also be another,light colored one up on the right hand side too!

David

Greetings,5thwheel.
Yes,it is a Ford Anglia, model no. 105E.IIRC,it was Ford’s first over square engine and OHV too.
Regards,900x20. :slight_smile:

The Mercedes-Benz Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw HWA 526D Einh 6x6 Lorry was a standardised Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw German Military - Army - Wehrmacht Lorry and was one of many produced by Mercedes-Benz and several other lorry manufacturers,such as Bussing-NAG,Henschel,Magirus,MAN.

Some German Nomenclature:-

E. or Einh = Einheits = Standardised design built by several lorry manufacturers.

Kw = Kraftwagen = Motor Vehicle.

I.E. = leicht = light.

Lkw = Lastkraftwagen = Lorry.

Mercedes-Benz Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw HWA 526D Einh,6-Cylinder 85 BHP Diesel-Oil - Engined,6x6,Tractive Unit - Dropside-Bodied,Articulated Lorry.Standardised Einheitsdiesel I.E.Lkw ex- German Wehrmacht Lorry. Fergie47. 4#

VALKYRIE
[/quote]
Cheers for the info :wink:

A Willème found on a German forum.

More pictures here:
baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … =0&page=14

Froggy55:
0A Willème found on a German forum.

Looks well used Paul!

An AEC Ergomatic badged Willème. Just got this picture a minute ago with no more information.

Looks like it’s in primer, straight from the factory.

Covered in fingerprints and muck, standing out in the rain. No wonder they were rotboxes. :smiley:

Froggy55:
0An AEC Ergomatic badged Willème. Just got this picture a minute ago with no more information.

Driven a few of those over the years Froggy, Leyland / AEC …one was a Leyland Lynx Artic, I think @ 26T gross, can’t remember the HP, not much I imagined. The thing I do remember, it spent more time in the workshops, (the fitters hated the thing), mostly engine / overheating problems, ( I was never a hard driver , so ii wasn’t me ) they didn’t have a cylinder head, the block / head was machined in one, it was suppose to eliminate head gasket problems ( which it did of course) but gave trouble in other ways, had it about 6 months then they gave me a Mandator, think it was for my patience :unamused: