Robroy's rambling football thread

Mazzer2:

robroy:

Mazzer2:
For the sake of not bunging Benitez 50 to 100 million which is peanuts in the Premier league Ashley lost a good manger who could given time actually done something for the club as well being the first manger since Keegan that those fickle Geordie fans have liked :smiley:

I agree with the first part, but you’re forgetting Sir Bobby, arguably our best ever manager (who was sacked for ‘only’ finishing 3rd was it :open_mouth: ).and Alan Shearer who managed on an interim basis for last few games of 08/09 season…both loved by us ‘‘fickle fans’’ :smiley:

But what about Chris Houghton he did a good job under the circumstances but despised by the fans?

Oh yeh, I forgot about Chris Hughton, he got us promoted back to the Premier league in the next season…then they sacked him ffs !. :open_mouth:
Just another episode in the comedy show that is Newcastle Utd ran by Ashley. :unamused:

To be fair mate he was hardly ‘‘despised’’ by the fans, on the contrary in fact, he done a good job while he.was there, I certainly had no probs with him.