Retest at different center?

Would you advice this or not. There may be a bit of a wait at the center where I trained but obviously I know the roads/routes/hazards at this center
Would it be unwise in your opinion to book at a different center with a whole new set of roads?

It sounds an arrogant answer but, if you can drive you can drive, no matter where. If you can only drive safely on some roads, or roads you know well then you’re not ready for the job. Perhaps being in unfamiliar territory where you have to be more alert will make all the difference for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matto75:
It sounds an arrogant answer but, if you can drive you can drive, no matter where. If you can only drive safely on some roads, or roads you know well then you’re not ready for the job. Perhaps being in unfamiliar territory where you have to be more alert will make all the difference for you?

I was about to make virtually the same post as this one :smiley:

It makes sense to me what your saying however thought I’d check some thoughts.

Whilst I agree in principle to the previous posts about being able to drive no matter what roads your on , it is very different when on a test

In real life, on the job, if your in unfamiliar area your highly likely to make a mistake over Lane discipline trying to find a drop point but your not in a pass fail scenario so it’s not as bad as it sounds and you might inconvenience someone trying to get into right lane but that’s day in day out stuff.

On a test it’s extra pressure and could be the difference between racking up too many minors or even a serious.

If this new test centre is completely unfamiliar then I think you’d be more on chance of failing than passing. If you could, can you drive round area in your car and get a feel for what could be the new hazards ?

Another thought- if it’s completely new area is it also new vehicle ? Or does your existing trainer have access to two centres?

Suppose at a push you could ask for an extra day tuition in new area to get to know it, the cost could be a deciding factor in that though.

Just found out that extra training plus the test fee is going to be very expensive, what would you do?

ram_1979:
Just found out that extra training plus the test fee is going to be very expensive, what would you do?

Is this with a completely new trainer ?

No same trainer.

Stick with current centre, understand where you went wrong & work on it in your daily driving (if possible, obvs). If it’s something vehicle specific such as reversing, you’ll have to save up for the extra training (without extra training/time behind the wheel it’s unlikely the outcome will change). You’ve come this far, it would be a pity for all your investments (money, time, effort) to be for nothing…

However it’s going to be £650 for one day training and test fee. That’s too much for me.