Bobtail actros on A1m extracts £100

alte hase:

jakethesnake:

ramone:
This country is a nanny state. Freedom of choice is long gone.I got caught in Sunderland a few months back by a cop van .I could have paid £100 fine or £36 and watch an online poorly made video that was full of propoganda.They state that they dont want to make money out of you its just for your own good.So why the fine or the £36 to watch a £2.50 video■■? One comment on here al professional driver not wearing his belt… well we are professional when it suits and the rest of the time treat like crap.
The police would be more respected if they concentrated on real crime like drug dealing which is the countrys biggest problem after MPs.

Oh dear, the trouble with FREEDOM OF CHOICE is that people have proved time and time again they are not capable of making the correct choices hence we have to have others make decisions for us to keep us safe. A perfect example is drivers that will not wear seatbelts.
I wonder if you had to recover a mutilated body from an accident a few times because the driver was too ignorant to wear a seatbelt if your view would change.
They are not there to make money but to try and keep you safe. If you don’t want a fine or have to watch a video, it’s simple , wear a belt and possibly save yourself from serious injury one day.

That the concept of ‘freedom of choice’ is patently lost on you, I dare say it would also be a waste of time to suggest you read a nice little book called ‘On Liberty’, by John Stuart Mill. Although a product of the 1800s -I can assure you that he had far more intelligence than you. Read ‘On liberty’, or get someone to explain it to you; then wind your neck in.

I drove heavy trucks from Jan 1973 [long before the advent of seatbelts] and finished with them in August 2017, without accident or incident. And never did I wear a seatbelt whilst driving a heavy truck. What is it with you seatbelt junkies? Are you afeared that someone as useless as yourself is coming in the opposite direction?

I spent five years [from 16 to 21yrs old] working in an aircraft factory, as a trainee airframe technician. About the world of aircraft I am not ignorant. And to this day I have never fastened a seatbelt whilst taking-off or landing. If you time is up -it’s up. And, like it or not, even a wuss like you [going through life scared of your own shadow] is going to die.

Oh, btw, why have you changed your user-name?

Freedom of choice is far from lost on me but I won’t go into that just now. Just so you know I also drove cars, trucks etc without seatbelts in the early 70’s.
I too survived all my driving career without injury but I am wise enough to realise that I could have quite easily been a statistic like many others in the days before they were compulsory.
If I could be bothered to go on I could explain some the extreme sports I have participated in over the years but it would probably be wasted on you.
Your last statement is idiotic in my eyes and if you think it’s clever and not ignorant not to wear a seatbelt while landing or taking off in a plane you definitely need help.

I have not changed my user name btw.