Friendly word of warning

hi fellas,
just one for all you boys out there that dont wear your seat belts really.
Wednesday morning one of our drivers rolled his artic onto the passenger side on a roundabout and he ended up in the passenger footwell unconcious. was taken to hospital with a punctured lung,massive lump on his head,2 busted ribs ,chipped a bone in his shoulder done some damage to his spine.
not able to walk at the moment and most of his body is purple with bruising.
To be honest hes ■■■■ lucky to be alive.
may well have been less injuries had he had his seatbelt on,just hope he makes a full recovery.

Hope your mate gets better soon calebs gramps :wink:

Always wear the belt myself but a lot of drivers don’t and likely never will I’m afraid :astonished:

calebs gramps:
may well have been less injuries had he had his seatbelt on,just hope he makes a full recovery.

Thats your take on it mate and i understand the point you’re trying to put across. I’ve another take on it though…
always drive at a speed according to your load and try not to tip your wagon over. Works better than seat belts anyday.

Obviously driving like a ■■■■ to roll it on a round-a-bout :unamused:

to a lesser extent one of our drivers a few weeks ago got done in sunderland city center for not wearing a seatbelt got caught by a camera i guess on a bridge or secret van or somthing fine came through to him though wierd ? must be beefing up the christmas party fund not long now …

Mike-C:

calebs gramps:

Thats your take on it mate and i understand the point you’re trying to put across. I’ve another take on it though…
always drive at a speed according to your load and try not to tip your wagon over. Works better than seat belts anyday.

Yep totally agree with you there mike-c,and i must admit ive only just started wearing mine ,cos you never know whats round the next corner ,dont see the point in rushing personally ,but who knows if your in the wrong place at the wrong time.

bubsy06:
Obviously driving like a [zb] to roll it on a round-a-bout :unamused:

Not necessarily, there is such a thing as low speed roll-overs.

Mike-C:

calebs gramps:

Exactly. What he said !

So wagons don’t get blown over in high winds then?

Hope he makes a full recovery.

bubsy06:

There’s always 1 know-it-all who assumes!!! :unamused: :angry: :angry:

cheers coffeeholic bikemonkey and grumpybum ,yeah people are very quick to assume certain things aint they.

Bikemonkey:

bubsy06:

Just stating the obvious matey
Some truckers are at fault sometimes, you wouldnt think it reading some of the posts on ere :unamused:

bubsy06:

Bikemonkey:

bubsy06:

Just stating the obvious matey
Some truckers are at fault sometimes, you wouldnt think it reading some of the posts on ere :unamused:

I dont believe you are stating the obvious at all??..what is “obvious” about a rollover??..you know not how or where it occurred…what the road conditions were like,weather conditions…whether the trailer was a double decker,container,tanker…loaded or empty,circumstances (driver heart attack,illness??)etc etc…you just assumed the driver was “driving like a ■■■■■■■ :unamused:

with people like you Detective Bubsy who needs accident investigators,the police etc…they could just bring you in to…errr assume. :wink: :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

grumpybum:

Indeed they do, even stationary wagons get blown over. You suggest bunks are fitted with belts incase one goes over in the night?

OH DEAR HERE WE GO AGAIN :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Mike-C:

grumpybum:

Indeed they do, even stationary wagons get blown over. You suggest bunks are fitted with belts incase one goes over in the night?

No, I suggest that there just might possibly be an alternative reason for a truck rolling over than the “he must have been driving like a ■■■■■ one. A simple enough concept, to get to grips with, I would have thought. :unamused:

As I said earlier ,I worked for for a container company & roll overs were a regular thing ,many on the first roundabout outside the docks. The problem was the high centre of gravity & the way the boxes were loaded ; heavy stuff on top & light stuff on the bottom. Being sealed its impossible to know until you get going. Lost count of how many times my O/S rear unit wheels lost contact with Terra Firma negotiating roundabouts at a v. slow speed. Also the pin is way forward leaving a huge gap between trailer & unit leaving little traction on the drive axle making it easy to jackknife even on a damp ■■■■■ . Yeah, roundabouts 'll do it every time.

As already said, Assuming it was down to driver error is easy to do, you see a truck on it’s side on a roundabout and you automatically may think driver was going to fast,ran up a kerb/steep incline of the roundabout, but that is not always true, having been in a like for like accident myself some time ago, 5-10mph i was traveling at, the load was top heavy, incorrectly loaded, something that i was unable to supervise as loaded from a bonded warehouse so no access!!
fortunately for me my injuries where a lot less , still needed hospital treatment,
yes if i had been wearing my seat belt i may of suffered some injuries such as a broken collar bone and burns from the belt, but sooner those than what i suffered,

certainly makes you think of what could of happened, i hope he makes a full recovery

Coffeeholic:

bubsy06:

Not necessarily, there is such a thing as low speed roll-overs.

Quite agree, a few years back we had a 3-pot belly tank artic go over at Markeaton island, tacho proved he was doing less than 15mph!