Roger pickering photo's

pete smith:

Punchy Dan:

pete smith:
Morning Mark, Ramone and Anorak,
No one is hi-jacking a thread it is all about discussion and opinions, I agree with Mark 100% as I too are finding it hard to comprehend all this “unnecessary crap” and these motors, I’m in the same boat, not my own money like Marks but will get the bullet if I buy wrong 'uns!,
I have gone from Scania’s to Daf’s for the 8 wheel hook loaders which pull drawbar trailers, the Dafs with all this planet saving equipment and side guards and under run bars etc are a ton heavier than the 09 Scania’s and 800 kgs heavier than the 59 plate Dafs and the 59 plate Dafs had hub reduction back ends!
I would love to have rebuilt those 09 Scanias and run them for another 7 years, a good example of this is Punchy Dan, that motor of his is a credit to him and does everything a new motor would, BUT if Dan had half a dozen of those Foden Alpha’s who would he get to drive them? He would in the same predicament as Mark is?
That is it rant over, or Mark will have to press those button because it will be all zb’s! Cheer’s Pete

Pete the slave on the pick up is learning well ,being as he’s never driven for anyone eles and I pay more than most I can’t see the brain washing program ending soon ,infact I may recruit another Virgin slave and up grade the current one to a older motor :laughing: . P. S thanks for the comments when do you want to start :wink:

Hi Dan,
You should have rang me yesterday, the day I had I’d have been straight round mate!

Just to add I’d be happy to run a version one fh low roof or an EC14 .