I’m curious......

msgyorkie:
As I do a lot of central London work the Ishift is a godsend. No more achy left leg keeping the clutch pedal o the go!

I do London a bit and really don’t see it as a chore with the manual, in fact, the manual makes it better imo as I’m always in the right gear and I set off from the lights etc immediately.
When on site tricky slow speed manoeuvres are no longer a bouncathon and small corrective shunts aren’t necessarily to be avoided anymore. I hated that selecting D from R and finding I’d not selected N for what felt like a minute first so ended up with nothing whilst the banksman got all exasperated because I wasn’t moving when instructed then had to listen to me blaming the ■■■■■■■ gearbox [emoji23]Now i can select a forward gear while I’m still rolling backwards if I so desire and reverse is selected immediately with never a false neutral. [emoji57]
I know it’s horses for courses and I’m trying in vein to convert you all. I’ve done my bit to try and keep manual gearboxes a thing in trucks but it seems I’m wasting my time as nobody wants them anymore, especially you ishifters.
Maybe I’ve got the last one produced■■? That would be a claim to fame eh? [emoji3]