French Farmers

Franglais:
Something about reclassification of land? To do with subsidises for difficult terrain, I think. Also unhappy about TIP ? talks and Canada? Re the terrain I guess it’ll stay localised, but that’s me guessing!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I think there might be a lot of people unhappy about CETA and TTIP, but doesn’t seem high on the agencda of the main media outlets.

Confirmed for tomorrow, the Rocade (ring road) at Toulouse will have blockades tomorrow, starting in the morning. :cry: :angry:

pierrot 14:
Confirmed for tomorrow, the Rocade (ring road) at Toulouse will have blockades tomorrow, starting in the morning. :cry: :angry:

A blockade Toulouse rocade in the morning?
Will anyone notice any difference?

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

A blockade Toulouse rocade in the morning?
Will anyone notice any difference?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Like any Rocade in the morning ! :angry: :angry: :angry:…edit to add

Or evening come to think of it !

Weds morn. LaDepeche reporting one or two hundred tractors on Toulouse ring road. They propose a picnic between 12 and 2. Expecting them to leave this evening. Nothing specific reported planned for later, but there’s talk of quick protests? Anyone’s guess. Only this region not national.

For the moment it’s pretty confined to the south west. We couldn’t deliver to Montbartier (Montauban) yesterday during the day but after midnight the road blocks were lifted. I can understand the farmers are upset but I don’t understand why they have to set fire to roundabouts and sections of the road which us here in the Lot et Garonne have to pay for afterwards . . . talk about setting the taxpayer against you.

Certain transport firms are also joining in with protests against the hike in diesel prices, I think that’s what the Toulouse manif are particularly concerned with

Craig

Weds 07/02. The diversion route from J56 of A20 now blocked. There’s apparently burning tyres and protesters at the roundabout off the peage. Since this is the official diversion Toulouse/North it’s going to cause headaches.

Thursday 8th. Seems Toulouse blockaded again.

Franglais:
…There’s apparently burning tyres and protesters at the roundabout off the peage…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: There are burning protestors at the roundabout?? :open_mouth: :wink:

bullitt:

Franglais:
…There’s apparently burning tyres and protesters at the roundabout off the peage…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: There are burning protestors at the roundabout?? :open_mouth: :wink:

■■■■■■■■ :laughing:

muckles:

bullitt:

Franglais:

■■■■■■■■ [emoji38]

Beats beheading I s’pose?

No one out protests the French!!

muckles:

bullitt:

Franglais:

Isn’t that usually in Rouen? :confused:

Crossroads:

muckles:

bullitt:

Franglais:

Isn’t that usually in Rouen? :confused:

Ive heard it referred to as "barbecue a langlais"…

Seems following promises from the Fr Gov all the protests are over since the 8th. Some other areas are unhappy, but no word on any further actions as yet.
Fingers crossed it`s all over.

Franglais:
Seems following promises from the Fr Gov all the protests are over since the 8th. Some other areas are unhappy, but no word on any further actions as yet.
Fingers crossed it`s all over.

Did it all go well today in the area, did hear that there might be more demos

Not been that way myself. Google seems to say it’s clear?
As you’re saying though, it could well be a pause, rather than an end?
I’m sure I don’t know.

Did you hear about the Normandie bridge (edit) Saturday on the A29? If you want I’ll find the link, but it was blocked by “les chasseurs” (hunters), who are annoyed with the restrictions being imposed on them by the government.

Here it is
ouest-france.fr/normandie/n … id=1498792

Silly buggers.

The blockades are moving northwards! The area around La Creche (centre routiers) at Niort is still affected pretty badly.
Thankfully, after three days of forcing us around the back lanes of the Gers the ‘paysans’ have re-opened the entrance roads to Auch … :unamused:

Craig