French Farmers A26

Came through the peage on the A26 at St Omer this evening and it would appear that the Farmers are setting up a protest at the peage heading in the Paris direction about 10 tractors there with a handful of gendarmes

Two of ours were stopped at the Bologne peage ,just over the bridge. Same thing ,farmers stopping trucks asking about there loads. Gendarmes just stood watching as per.

French farmers the police and truck drivers are all in the same union two weeks ago in calais the police was on a go slow protesting about immigrants they was joined by farmers and truck drivers

I had a driver stuck there he was loaded with fresh meat. They tried to force my driver to hand over his CMR and take the Bulldog Container lock off the back doors. My driver refused and they threatened him. He locked him self in the cab while the farmers took to the truck with irons bars and cut the valves out the trailer wheels with Bolt Cutters (same bolt cutters they were trying to cut the lock off) all this happened while the Police watched on without doing anything.

WhiteWhiteWhite:

I had a driver stuck there he was loaded with fresh meat. They tried to force my driver to hand over his CMR and take the Bulldog Container lock off the back doors. My driver refused and they threatened him. He locked him self in the cab while the farmers took to the truck with irons bars and cut the valves out the trailer wheels with Bolt Cutters (same bolt cutters they were trying to cut the lock off) all this happened while the Police watched on without doing anything.

WTF? ■■■■■■■■■

Hope it’s not too difficult to sort!

So much for the “free movement of goods” around Europe then!! :unamused: Outrageous behaviour, but then again, nothing new for the Franco Police / Farmers collective!!