One for our french correspondents

well they’re getting worse in france :unamused:
the no overtaking now stretches all the way from poitiers exit on the A10 for the N10 and vivonne all the way to the spanish border :open_mouth:
the only bit where you can get past a tanker or east european is the ring road of bordeaux.
how has this come about without any protest from the usually eruptive french unions? or do they prefer to be sat at 70kph for over 400kms?
its not possible now for me to get to vivonne in 2 tachos from malaga, unless i use a 10 hour day, so the only person that this overtaking megaban hurts is the routier owner who now doesn’t get my money.
now i know its not much but what if there are a lot of drivers who can’t get to their regular stops? it all adds up

welshboyinspain:
well they’re getting worse in france :unamused:
the no overtaking now stretches all the way from poitiers exit on the A10 for the N10 and vivonne all the way to the spanish border :open_mouth:
the only bit where you can get past a tanker or east european is the ring road of bordeaux.
how has this come about without any protest from the usually eruptive french unions? or do they prefer to be sat at 70kph for over 400kms?
its not possible now for me to get to vivonne in 2 tachos from malaga, unless i use a 10 hour day, so the only person that this overtaking megaban hurts is the routier owner who now doesn’t get my money.
now i know its not much but what if there are a lot of drivers who can’t get to their regular stops? it all adds up

And it doesn’t even remain constant, when we were there a few days ago in the car, the limits jumps from 110 to 90 to 70 which buggers it up for using cruise control :open_mouth:

I’m sat outside that exact spot right now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Glad I don’t run in that direction, the only time I pass Bdx is to go into Bègles or head north for Niort or Athis.

Strange why we haven’t heard more fuss about it over here - I’ll have a yarn with one of TDS or Olano’s drivers next time I see them at one of our depots as it must affect them.

~ Craig

I’m in vivonne now watching the rugby with a lacassagne driver and he says even though he’s paid on the hour he hates the fact that if you catch a tanker at 70 you’re stuck in a huge queue for hours

welshboyinspain:
I’m in vivonne now watching the rugby with a lacassagne driver and he says even though he’s paid on the hour he hates the fact that if you catch a tanker at 70 you’re stuck in a huge queue for hours

Aahh, well, the rugby . . . first stop for me on Monday is TFE Toulouse. You can just imagine the amount of stick I’ll be getting from my French colleagues :blush:

~ Craig

I left vivonne this morning after watching wales beat ireland then stopped in the routier on the n10 just below barbezieux to catch the france v england score. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
back to the original topic, today i couldn’t do vivonne to castets within 4.5hrs but it used to be a 4hr drive :imp: :imp: :imp:

welshboyinspain:
I left vivonne this morning after watching wales beat ireland then stopped in the routier on the n10 just below barbezieux to catch the france v england score. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
back to the original topic, today i couldn’t do vivonne to castets within 4.5hrs but it used to be a 4hr drive :imp: :imp: :imp:

try going on a diet then that way you will win lost time back on the few hills available between Vivonne and Bordeaux :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If the cowboy style doors on the male loo was to open,all the staff can see what you are doing in there,too close for comfort,flash the bar maid maybe.!

Vascoingles:

welshboyinspain:

try going on a diet then that way you will win lost time back on the few hills available between Vivonne and Bordeaux :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

just for your information ya old git :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve got a concrete dosing machine on for algeciras weighs in at 2.7t takes up 3 metres on the trailer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
no problem fro me and my belly on the hills :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I reckon the reason that they are implementing the no overtaking on the N10 between Poitiers and Bordeaux is simply to get you to pay the extortionate tolls on the alternative A10! The cost between Tours and Poitiers is bad enough where trucks over 19 tons are forced to use the A10!

Moonraker:
I reckon the reason that they are implementing the no overtaking on the N10 between Poitiers and Bordeaux is simply to get you to pay the extortionate tolls on the alternative A10! The cost between Tours and Poitiers is bad enough where trucks over 19 tons are forced to use the A10!

most unlikely as there is already a plan passed by the French government to put tolls all major national roads as well, might just have something to do with the high amount of accidents on that stretch though, usually caused by low flying Portuguese with a donkey licence