Tramping vs days vs nights

switchlogic:
…Hint taken. Now winter is upon us maybe it’s time for another Italy video

Good man. I must admit I hadn’t seen any of your videos until a few months ago. Clicked on the link out of interest, as you do, and ended up binge watching them all over a weekend. Great stuff.
As an aside to the conversation, my preference was always being away in Europe for a few weeks. It wasn’t so much “tramping” then, it was just what the job was and what I expected it to be. Load up, ship out, drive, drive and Drive a bit more, tip here, tip there, reload a bit here, tip some there on the way back (CABOTAGE :open_mouth: ), reload and return.
I have done day / evening / night work (killer) and it not the same. I cant do early starts, 2/3/4/5am. Horses for courses and all that but the bottom line was always, if I was not going to be sleeping in my own bed, in my own home, then I would rather be away and somewhere else interesting ,than start work in the middle of the night or some ridiculously early time of the morning, finish in the evening, travel back home, shower, food, bed, and repeat.
Start at 7am and finish at 2/3/4am was always fine, but I couldnt drag my sorry arse out of bed, day after day, in the middle of the night, to do a “day” shift.