6hr break rule?

tachograph:

Roymondo:
If you worked a seven hour shift with only a single 16 minute break you should have got an infringement.

This ^^^

If you’re total working time is more than 6 hours but less than 9 hours you should have a break of at-least 30 minutes.

This 30 minute break can be taken in two parts, each part must be at-least 15 minutes.

WTD breaks cannot be taken at the immediate start or immediate end of the shift.

tachograph:

J-BONE:
In ref to it being correct if a driver has to vacate his vehicle and withdraw his card on return to the depot for it to be shunted and speedily reloaded for the next shift, if the driver was forced to take his second break in the canteen would that be acceptable to be written against his infringement letter?

Would he need to do a manual entry or a printout explaining his lack of recorded break

If for any reason a driver needs to eject the driver card before the end of the shift a manual entry covering the time the card was out of the tachograph should be done the next time the card is inserted into a digital tachograph.

Be aware that WTD breaks must interrupt the working time therefore a break at the immediate start of end of the shift will not count for the WTD.

A break at the end of the shift must show at-least a minute of other work or driving after the break for the break to count.

Very informative post once it gets down to it and you pick out the relevant nuggets - thanks to the main contributors.
Re the above ‘quotes’, I recently picked up a couple of infringements due to taking a 2nd, 15m break at the very end of my (over 6hr, but under 9hr) shift due to weird circumstances on those particular days.
I understand the mistake I made, was not recording anything after the actual break on the tacho.

Could I just clarify exactly, Tachograph (or Rog :wink: ) how you came to this understanding?
I looked at the EU site where you can read Directive 2002/15/EC but, at first glance, couldn’t find the bit where it mentions not being able to take a break at the beginning or end of a shift - so am I correct in thinking that you are inferring from what IS said about breaks? i.e. in ‘Article 3, Definitions’ and ‘Article 5, Breaks’.
"Working time shall be interrupted[/b] by a break of at least 30 minutes, if working hours total between six and nine hours, and of at least 45 minutes, if working hours total more than nine hours."
So, as it is stipulated in Article 3 that Break time is not classified as Working time, and because our breaks must ‘interrupt’ ‘working time’, it therefore follows that breaks cannot be at the start or end of a shift?
Just like to understand the why’s of things like this before I go signing the infringement sheet :wink:
Thanks,
Jon